Chief of Party, Macroeconomic Reform, International Development
February 24 2023
Cairo, Egypt , Cairo, , Egypt
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Structured Finance and Investment.
Nathan is recruiting for a Chief of Party for an upcoming USAID-funded macroeconomic reform activity in Egypt. The activity is expected to start in January 2024.
POSITION SUMMARY: As the project’s key point of contact with USAID, the Government of the Arab Republic of Egypt, and other stakeholders, the Chief of Party will coordinate technical assistance activities with project staff, short-term consultants, and Nathan home office personnel. The COP may also be responsible for the implementation of specific technical tasks within the project (to be determined according to needs and expertise). The Chief of Party will oversee overall project operations including project management, administration, oversight, reporting, financial and contractual obligations, contractor progress, and performance monitoring and evaluation.
Supervision and Provision of Technical Expertise:
- Support the planning, design, and implementation of technical activities in Egypt, including the drafting of work plans and terms of reference, organization, and participation in technical working group meetings, in coordination with Nathan home office;
- Liaise with the Arab Republic of Egypt government, non-state actors, and other development partners to coordinate activities and achieve the goals and objectives of the activity;
- Monitor and, in some cases, carry out technical activities (in coordination with Nathan home office), including review of deliverables and reports for USAID;
- Provide summaries of working group meetings, workshops, and trainings and identify next steps;
- Coordinate the planning of technical activities involving Nathan’s partners with the Nathan headquarters project team to ensure that planned activities are in line with budgets and subcontracts;
- Liaise with the project team at the Nathan Headquarters office to recruit technical experts as required; and
- Other related technical and management tasks requested by USAID (and in coordination with the Nathan Home Office Team), in accordance with the scope of the activity.
- Manage and supervise the project office team, with appropriate delegation of duties to other staff members on the activity;
- Supervise the recruitment and engagement of technical experts, business partners, and administrative staff, as appropriate;
- Ensure that the activity is implemented in accordance with the rules and regulations of USAID and Nathan Associates;
- Report regularly to the Nathan headquarters project team on project activities, deliverables, and events; key issues requiring approval from the headquarters office;
- Review all accounting statements submitted to the home office and time sheets of local consultants, if applicable; and
- Provide contributions to the quarterly and annual project reports.
- Master's degree or higher in economics, public finance, public administration, public policy, law, development, or similar field;
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing programs of a similar focus and complexity, on topics such as tax policy reform, domestic revenue mobilization, budget formulation and execution, debt management, economic policy, or sustainable budgeting;
- Proven ability to work effectively with USAID mission staff, host country counterparts, and international donors; with strong emphasis placed on experience developing and maintaining working relationships across a multi-stakeholder environment
- Demonstrated leadership in teambuilding and integrity in project management;
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills;
- Ability to travel extensively throughout Egypt;
- Experience working in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
- Fluency in Arabic.
Nathan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nathan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Nathan requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated. If you receive a conditional offer of employment from Nathan, you will be required to prove