Chief of Party , International Development
February 10 2023
Accra , Ghana
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions. Programs in the portfolio include work with USAID, MCC and the Gates Foundation as well as private sector clients.
Position Summary: Nathan Associates is seeking an experienced Chief of Party (COP) who will be responsible for leading the Feed the Future Ghana Trade and Investment Activity, developing and implementing the project’s work plan, and for overall project operations including project management, administration, oversight, reporting, financial and contractual obligations, contractor deliverables, and performance monitoring and evaluation. As the team’s key point of contact with USAID, the Government of Ghana, and other stakeholders, the COP will coordinate technical assistance activities with field staff, short-term consultants, and Nathan home office personnel. With support from the Deputy Chief of Party, he/she will manage implementation of the project’s objectives and an on-time performance of all deliverables. The COP will maintain a full-time presence in Accra, Ghana throughout the life-of project, except when on authorized leave. He/she will be further supported by field office staff, Nathan experts, short-term technical consultants, and home office project teams.
Key Responsibilities: The COP will coordinate with high-level government stakeholders, the private sector, and subcontractors; and manage program staff to ensure smooth implementation of the project. Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
• Serves as main point of contact with USAID/Ghana and the Contractor’s home office for
work planning, implementation, management, deliverables, and results.
• Reviews and submits all requests for USAID approval and meets regularly with USAID COR.
• Exercises delegated management authority with ability to make critical decisions as well as
anticipates and mitigates risks to avoid delays and ensure achievement of results.
• Ensures coordination and integration across the project objectives with a focus on meeting
export, investment, and transaction results.
• Ensures the effective use of GUCs across project objectives, including cost-share parameters
• Contributes to and has overall responsibility for submission of bi-weekly, quarterly and
annual progress reports and deliverables.
• Sets results-oriented vision for project, working with objective leads to operationalize vision, ensuring sustainability and scalability.
• Oversees and executes stakeholder engagement and partner relationships.
• Oversees international consultants and subcontractors.
• Reviews and approves all key deliverables, inclusive of work plans, AMELP, technical, and
other contractual reporting obligations.
• Provides direct oversight over the GTI field staff, assigns tasks, manages workloads,
conducts performance evaluations, and fosters a positive and productive work environment
for team members.
• Coordinates with stakeholders to identify specific technical assistance needs and determine
how best to integrate assistance with existing programs and resources speaks on behalf of GTI in major and high-profile events.
·Masters’ degree related to agricultural economics, international development, or a relevant field, or at a minimum a bachelor’s degree in these areas and additional two years of experience;
·Eight (8) years of experience managing development programs with at least three (3) years managing programs with multilateral organizations;
·At least five (5) years of recent experience related to agriculture, economic growth, trade, and investment;
·English Level IV Communication Skills; and
·West Africa experience desirable.
Nathan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nathan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Nathan requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated. If you receive a conditional offer of employment from Nathan, you will be required to prove that you are fully vaccinated for