Instituto Panameo de Turismo (IPAT), Inter-American Development Bank
Assess Panama’s competitive position in regional tourism markets and identify target markets for a marketing strategy and tourism promotion.
- Devised short- and medium-term market strategies with 40 action plans.
- Assessed tourism attractions in nine zones.
- Designed consumer perception surveys and conducted surveys among tourists at Tocumen International Airport and Miami International Airport.
- Interviewed 100 tour operators, travel agencies, airline and hotel marketing departments, and ground operators.
- Identified best practices for sustainable tourism development and community participation.
- Estimated economic and social impact-employment, income, tax revenue, and investmentof projected demand