Nathan Associates conducted institutional and financial reviews of proposed MCC funded investments in Mozambique’s water supply and sanitation systems, including urban water supply systems, sanitation and drainage systems, the Nacala dam and reservoir, rural water-point installation, and small dams and reservoirs.
We visited private operators and large water utilities to determine options for involving private operators in the management of small-town systems.
Working with the Millennium Challenge Account-Mozambique, MCC officials, and stakeholders, we
- Assessed the capabilities of institutions to strengthen small-town water systems;
- Assessed the water systems of the 4 provincial capitals, 6 municipalities, and 15 towns;
- Collected information needed to prioritize investments in rehabilitation and expansion and to reform institutions and build capacity on the basis of economic returns and sustainability
- Assessed operations, maintenance, and costs and recommended measures to improve operating standards, providing economic justifications for those measures; and
- Recommended a strategy and priorities for capital investment that improves service coverage and operations.
Michael Baker, Jr., Inc.
2006 - 2006