The Virtual Island Summit, organized by Island Innovation, will be held October 6-11, 2019. The Summit is a free and entirely online event designed to connect global islands to share their common experiences through a digital platform. Nathan is sponsoring a webinar on e-mobility, hosted by energy expert Adam Borison, during the event.
How Can Islands Move E-Mobility Into The Fast Lane?
Tuesday, October 8th | 2:00 – 3:30 pm EDT
Islands and e-mobility — or transport electrification — are a natural fit. Islands are geographically compact, minimizing charging infrastructure and driving distance issues. Islands have expensive and risky fossil fuel supply chains, making electrification more attractive. Islands have abundant solar and wind resources, reducing the marginal cost of electricity for EV charging. Lastly, islands are particularly vulnerable to climate change, ensuring social and political support for renewables-based electrification. Given this fit, many islands are actively pursuing e-mobility development efforts. This panel with representatives from several different sectors and regions will discuss how to move these efforts into the fast lane.
• Adam Borison, Senior Vice President, Nathan
• Jo Edghill, Co-Founder and Director of Megapower Ltd
• James Taylor, Chief Legal Officer and Head of Business Affairs, Extreme E
• Stephen Mariani, Energy Resource Analyst in the Resource Planning group at Alameda Municipal Power (AMP)
• Leah O’Dwyer, Head of eBus Solutions, ChargePoint