Research Associate, Economic Engagement & Private Sector Development, International Development
October 21 2022
Arlington , Virginia , United States
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, Delhi, and Chennai. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
- Serve as project coordinator for overseas projects—overseeing administrative, contractual, and financial aspects of projects;
- Liaise with Nathan’s Corporate Finance Department to track project spending, provide periodic financial forecasts, and review monthly invoices;
- Serve as workshop coordinator for US and international workshops, managing travel, logistics and other arrangements related to USAID trainings
- Maintain project controls and adherence with policies and procedures;
- Serve as proposal coordinator; research and write sections of project proposals;
- Tailor contract templates for consultants, subcontractors, and clients;
- Handle logistics for consultant and staff travel, relocation, and project events;
- Search consultant database to identify consultants and enter consultant CVs in the consultant database;
- Manage project deliverables and reports;
- Update website and intranet, as appropriate, including writing success stories; and
- Conduct research or data analysis and prepare draft reports (or inputs) for senior staff or project consultants.
- B.A./S. in business, international development/affairs, economics, or related field; M.A./S. preferred;
- A minimum of two years of experience in a backstopping or administrative role relevant to the international development field;
- Strong analytical and computer skills, including spreadsheet and financial tracking;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills (you will interact with employees, consultants, partners, clients, subcontractors, and vendors);
- Strong writing skills, which will be assessed during the hiring process;
- Strong language skills in French or Spanish preferred. Other languages widely spoken in the developing world may be considered in place of these languages;
- Relevant overseas work or internship experience in a developing country context;
- Experience in relevant international trade policy issues preferred,
- Experience with USAID-funded and /or other donor-funded projects strongly preferred;
- Permanent U.S. work authorization required.
Nathan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nathan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans. Candidates that need to request reasonable accommodations during the application process should communicate their request to . For more information on Nathan's policies, candidates are encouraged to review our EEOC Policies for Applicants.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Nathan requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated. If you receive a conditional offer of employment from Nathan, you will be required to prove
Nathan hires applicants authorized to work in the US without sponsorship