Associate, Economic Engagement & Private Sector Development, International Development
August 15 2022
Arlington , VA , United States
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
The Associate position will report to the Vice President, Economic Engagement and Private Sector Development, and work closely with members of the Economic Engagement and Private Sector Development team, as well as the broader International Development Group. The role would be full-time at Nathan’s Headquarter office in Arlington, Virginia.
This position is expected to spend significant time supporting the US-Support for Economic Growth in Asia program, particularly surrounding support to APEC activities and the US 2023 host year.
• Coordinate and keep track of numerous ongoing activities under large, multilateral projects, including coordination with various counterparts;
• Engage in a client-facing role, regularly representing Nathan Associates with staff from USAID, the U.S. Department of State, and other US Government agencies, as well as contractors, project partners, and consultants;
• Contribute to the writing and editing of project deliverables, including weekly, quarterly, and annual reports and technical studies;
• Draft project technical and travel approvals and activity budgets;
• Track subcontractor technical work and billing;
• Track project consultants’ technical work as well as billing and travel, ensuring compliance with the project requirements;
• Learn and internalize United States Government rules and regulations for long-term projects and ensure projects are implementing in accordance with these requirements;
• Support project workshops and event planning as applicable, including workshops held in developing countries;
• Maintain and update project budget(s) of $20+ million, including projecting and tracking monthly project invoices;
• Support business development and new business efforts, including the coordination and writing of proposals as applicable;
• Guide entry-level staff with project logistics and consultant onboarding activities and expense reports, potentially serving in mentorship role(s) as applicable
• Bachelor’s Degree with 4 - 7 years work experience, or Master’s Degree with 2-4 years work experience;
• Degrees in economics, international affairs and/or international development, international policy, and other relevant fields preferred;
• Experience working on contracted donor projects, particularly for USAID, and experience working in an international setting;
• Strong communications skills and effective report-writing skills, including high detail, orientated;
• A demonstrated ability to work effectively and positively in teams and group settings;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel;
• Willingness to engage on all aspects of project management and technical research and reporting, from day-to-day administrative tasks to intensive research and technical writing;
• Able to travel abroad on a frequent or semi-frequent basis.
• Spanish language skills preferred;
• Technical interest in international trade, the digital economy, private sector development, legal and regulatory environment, women’s economic empowerment or economic governance;
Nathan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nathan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOO Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans. Candidates that need to request reasonable accommodations during the application process should communicate their request to . For more information on Nathan's policies, candidates are encouraged to review our EEOC Policies for Applicants.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Nathan requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated. If you receive a conditional offer of employment from Nathan, you will be required to prove that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or receive approval from Nathan for a waiver due to a valid religious or medical reason prior to your start date. Applicants should not disclose their vaccination status or need for a waiver before receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Nathan hires applicants authorized to work in the US without sponsorship