Analyst, Financial Services, Corporate
May 6 2022
Arlington , VA , United States
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Structured Finance & Investment.
Nathan’s Financial Services’ Advisory Group is one of the fastest growing practices serving US banks, financial institutions, companies, trade associations and government with plans in the future to expand into the mortgage loan industry. The practice is looking for an Analyst who is adaptable and thrives in a collaborative, team-driven culture. As a member of the team, the Analyst will assist the practice with developing financial models and analyzing data to aid in driving decisions and influencing client deliverables. This is a great opportunity to have a direct impact on client deliverables to advance your skills and deepen your experiences in the financial services sector.
The position is based in Nathan’s corporate headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, which is a hybrid workplace.
- Assist senior staff members and other analysts in providing cutting edge solutions to our financial institution clients in the areas of Risk, Compliance, Accounting, and Finance.
- Conducting economic, financial, and statistical analysis of issues pertaining to Banks and other financial institutions
- Collect and synthesize economic and financial data.
- Create and manage complex databases, financial models, and spreadsheets.
- Review and prepare documents for client deliverables and internal analysis.
- Develop, validate, and document various econometric, financial, and mathematical models.
- Apply advanced modeling techniques to drive outcomes
- Conduct advanced research involving banking and capital markets issues for clients across the US and globally.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Applied Economics, Finance or a related field (preferably with courses in statistics, econometrics, mathematics, and computer science) required; PhD preferred.
- A minimum of one year of experience in banking or a related field.
- Project work using data visualization and regression analysis.
- Knowledge of advanced modeling techniques such as Machine Learning
- Experience working with Stata, SAS, R, Python or other statistical and database programs preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to details, and desire to learn.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Nathan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and access. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOE minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans. Candidates who wish to learn more about Nathan's policies, including how to request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, are encouraged to review our EEOC Policies for Applicants.
Nathan requires Covid-19 vaccination for employees. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment from Nathan will be required to prove they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or receive approval from Nathan for a waiver due to a valid religious or medical reason prior to their start date. Applicants should not disclose their vaccination status or need for a waiver before receiving a conditional offer of employment.