Director of Talent Acquisition, International Development
May 2 2022
Arlington, VA ,
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; and Structured Finance & Investment.
Nathan is seeking a Director, Talent Acquisition for its International Development (ID) Business Line to lead and coordinate the recruitment of high performing staff and specialists in the US and overseas across each of our four technical groups. The Director will manage and improve on Nathan’s current talent acquisition and recruitment processes and systems consistent with Nathan’s HR and Business Development (BD) procedures. The Director will report to the Senior Vice President (SVP) of ID with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the VP for Global HR. The Director will collaborate internally across the business line with the SVP, Group VPs, Director of BD, and project teams.
- Lead the ID recruitment team responsible for identifying highly qualified and skilled candidates for international and domestic positions. Candidates will be identified predominately for BD and proposals, open positions on existing projects, and Arlington-based and corporate positions.
- Implements and drives end to end recruiting and selection activities to achieve hiring goals, including ID Arlington annual hiring requirements, time to fill and cost per hire expectations.
- Leads, coaches, develops the talent acquisition team focused on providing an exceptional experience for both candidates and hiring managers within ID.
- Builds talent pipeline and develops a network of prospective long-term ID experts across a wide range of technical and business areas.
- Manage and upgrade standardized talent acquisition and recruitment processes and systems to ensure efficiency, compliance, and results.
- Accountable for ensuring all talent acquisition activities are conducted with consistent quality and operational rigor, leading practices, meeting all federal and local compliance requirements.
- Develop and lead proposal recruitment strategies with the Director of BD, Group VPs, SVP, and other members of the proposal team.
- Lead negotiations with prospective candidates, obtain and validate personnel information, and finalize salary and the allowance package consistent with Nathan and U.S. government policies.
- Oversee the preparation of the candidate C.V.s and contribute to the proposal personnel and management sections and related inputs and annexes.
- Proactively contribute to Nathan’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA) planning, policies, and activities. Establish relationships with strategic partners and diversity organizations that will develop a more diverse talent pool.
- Engage with industry organizations including organizing and attending relevant recruitment events.
- Maintain and proactively use Nathan’s social media platforms and other recruitment tools to effectively identify a diverse pool of relevant and qualified candidates.
- Develop and maintain metrics to measure the activities and effectiveness of current talent acquisition activities and uses this information to drive process and performance improvements. Regularly reports on progress to ID Leadership and HR.
- Maintain Nathan and U.S. government compliant recruitment records to facilitate internal and external recruitment and hiring reporting.
- Support other business line business development activities and corporate initiatives, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in relevant field preferred.
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant work experience in talent acquisition with international and domestic recruitment experience for USAID proposals and/or projects.
- Successful track record of identifying qualified expatriate, third country national, and local candidates for large-scale field-based USAID or other U.S. government agency and donor programs.
- Knowledge and experience of recruiting technical experts in ID with experience in related economic growth areas.
- Proven ability to analyze recruiting data and trends to understand the business landscape and build talent acquisition strategies and solutions.
- Applied Knowledge of employment laws, OFCCP, and EEO regulations, standard HR practices and procedures, and relevant USAID policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership, decision-making, teambuilding, and management skills.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Nathan offers competitive base pay and robust benefits. Eligible employees have access to a variety of health, wellness, and work-life benefits to suit their needs. These include a hybrid work schedule; health, dental, and vision insurance coverage for employees and their families, including domestic partners; Company-paid life, AD&D, disability insurance, and Employee Assistance Program; Flexible Spending Accounts (medical and dependent care); 401(k) program with Company match and a generous vesting schedule; paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business; ten (10) Company-paid holidays annually, Parental Leave, Tuition Assistance, and complimentary onsite fitness center.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Nathan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and access. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOE minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans. Candidates who wish to learn more about Nathan's policies, including how to request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, are encouraged to review our EEOC Policies for Applicants.
Nathan requires Covid-19 vaccination for employees. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment from Nathan will be required to prove they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or receive approval from Nathan for a waiver due to a valid religious or medical reason prior to their start date. Applicants should not disclose their vaccination status or need for a waiver before receiving a conditional offer of employment.