Objective Team Lead: Strengthening Digital Policies and Regulations , International Development
April 21 2022
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea or Suva, Fiji
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
Nathan Associates is actively seeking a Objective team lead focused on leading work under Objective 2: Digital Policy and Regulations Strengthened for the anticipated USAID-funded Digital Connectivity and Cybersecurity Partnership (DCCP) – Pacific Project. The purpose of this project is to provide support to the governments of the Pacific Island countries to improve the quality and reach of digital communications and connectivity. The Objective 2 Lead will oversee a team of 2-3 individuals and provide oversight and technical direction at the objective level for all activities related to strengthening digital policy and regulations.
- Lead design and implementation of activities on digital policy and regulatory issues, such as digital access and inclusion, cybersecurity, emerging technologies, e-government, and data privacy, among others.
- Provide technical assistance to support the improvement and harmonization of the regulatory frameworks covering the digital ecosystem across various Pacific Island countries, including on topics such as open access, spectrum management, licensing, data governance, and cybersecurity protection.
- Work with national governments and regional stakeholders to improve standards, lower regulatory compliance costs, promote competition, and reduce barriers to entry.
- Support development of regulations covering digital solutions for e-payments, cross-border trade, and digital financial services.
- Support development of standards and rules covering emerging technologies.
- Facilitate public-private dialogue around digital policy issues and facilitate collaboration amongst countries and across stakeholders, including donors and financiers, governments, regulators, private operations, research institutions, and sub regional organizations.
- Support review and recommendations for the Pacific Regional ICT Strategic Action Plan.
- Oversee small team of specialists, including providing technical direction, mentorship, and oversight of work on digital legal and regulatory issues. May include remote management.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent professional experience in public policy or administration, international development, ICT-related fields, legal and regulatory issues, economics, or related areas.
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in advising on, developing or working in policy and regulations related to ICT and digital areas,
- A minimum of five (5) Experience in leading technical teams, project design and planning, and budgeting.
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills, and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
Nathan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Nathan complies with the Executive Order that mandates Federal contractors enforce Covid-19 vaccination for employees. If you receive a conditional offer of employment from Nathan, you will be required to prove that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or receive approval from Nathan for a waiver due to a valid religious or medical reason prior to your start date. Applicants should not disclose their vaccination status or need for a waiver before receiving a conditional offer of employment."