April 11 2022
Arlington , Virginia , United States
Nathan Associates has an opportunity for a Contracts Associate to join our Contracts Department, and collaborate on programs throughout all phases of the contract management lifecycle, from proposal to contract closeout. This position will play an important role handling programs that require knowledge of federal contracting, specifically USAID. The Contracts Associate should have the ability to work independently but also thrive in a collaborative team environment. This position will report to the Director of Contracts and Compliance and interface daily with Nathan Associates’ Project teams, Finance, Accounting, Business Development, and members of the leadership team.
- Manage the workflow processes for consultant agreements and procurement services.
- Coordinate, disseminate and track Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), Teaming Agreements (TAs), contracts, subcontracts, and modifications for the acquisition of services.
- Tailor contract templates for consultants, subcontractors, and purchase orders.
- Conduct research or data analysis and prepare draft contractual documents for Director of Contracts & Compliance.
- Evaluate project team’s request for proposed consultant rates, level of effort, and period of performance against internal guidance or customer approval; confirm to the business that the request has been validated or guide them to make modifications.
- Write and edit documents including letters, reports, and instructional documents that will be referenced by others at multiple levels internally and externally.
- Prepare and disseminate instructions and information throughout the company regarding contract status, compliance, and modifications.
- Create and maintain electronic filing systems for contract related data.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures for Director of Contracts final review.
- Develop and maintain positive relations with both internal and external clients as a trusted representative of the Contracts team.
- Identify and alert potential issues and assist in resolution
- Advise on the interpretation and application of acquisition/assistance regulations and policies based upon operational and project needs.
- Manage data entry support and enter contract data into the required systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
Experience: One or more years of experience (including internships) is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Decision-making skills and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Candidate must possess a positive proactive attitude and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately
Place of Employment: Hybrid – office and remote
Nathan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nathan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and access. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOE minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans. Candidates who wish to learn more about Nathan's policies, including how to request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, are encouraged to review our EEOC Policies for Applicants.
Nathan requires Covid-19 vaccination for employees. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment from Nathan will be required to prove they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or receive approval from Nathan for a waiver due to a valid religious or medical reason prior to their start date. Applicants should not disclose their vaccination status or need for a waiver before receiving a conditional offer of employment.