Deputy Chief of Party, DIGITAL CONNECTIVITY & CYBERSECURITY PARTNERSHIP (DCCP) PACIFIC PROJECT, International Development
March 18 2022
Fiji or Papua New Guinea
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
Nathan Associates is actively seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the USAID-funded Digital Connectivity and Cybersecurity Partnership (DCCP) – Pacific Project, to provide support to the governments of the Pacific Island countries to improve the quality and reach of digital communications and connectivity. The DCOP will assist the COP in the management of the various technical components of the activity and will be responsible for the overall administrative and operational aspects of the project.
- Assist the COP in the management of the various technical components of the activity and overall administrative and operational aspects of the project;
- Manage all finance, operations, administrative, grants, and human resource tasks;
- Provide support to the technical team to implement program activities, including drafting and/or reviewing operations-related Scopes of Work, preparing procurement documents, and preparing approval requests;
- Provide oversight and management of select consultants;
- Oversee and manage
- Ensure compliance with USAID regulations and Nathan policies, including performing due diligence as required by the Gross Violation of Human Rights requirements while maintaining fast-paced and responsive operations;
- Compile reports, consolidating inputs from team members, for USAID submission;
- Prepare local employment agreements in accordance with local labor law;
- Maintain operations guidance and procedures for the field office;
- Provide training to staff on USAID field office operations;
- Manage grants processes; and
- Oversee Finance, Administration, Human Resource and
- Master’s degree or equivalent professional experience in economics, management, public policy and administration, finance, development administration, and knowledge ICT and digital development.
- At least ten (10) years of related project management experience and grant management.
- Experience in program management either as COP, DCOP or comparable role.
- Demonstrated experience in complying with USG rules and regulations related to project administration and implementation.
- Competency in negotiations and communication skills, strong interpersonal, managerial, and written communication skills.
- Exposure and knowledge in ICT and digital development.
- Strong writing and presentation skills in English, including word processing and PowerPoint development; and
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Nathan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Nathan complies with the Executive Order that mandates Federal contractors enforce Covid-19 vaccination for employees. If you receive a conditional offer of employment from Nathan, you will be required to prove that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or receive approval from Nathan for a waiver due to a valid religious or medical reason prior to your start date. Applicants should not disclose their vaccination status or need for a waiver before receiving a conditional offer of employment."