Chief of Party -Regional Inclusive Digital Economy Activity (RIDEA) , International Development
March 4 2022
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
Nathan Associates is actively seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID-funded Regional Inclusive Digital Economy Activity (RIDEA) would seek to develop a regional platform to support the development of a thriving and inclusive digital economy in Southeast Asia.
Specifically, the new digital activity will focus on the following five strategic objectives:
- Improving the digital policy environment at a regional level.
- Augmenting the quality and quantity of shared and interoperable regional digital Infrastructure.
- Improving the safety, availability, and suitability of e-commerce services for consumers and MSMEs.
- Strengthening ecosystems that foster inclusive innovation.
- Strengthening marginalized citizens’ and MSMEs’ capacity to fully participate in the digital economy.
- Develop and execute a successful program strategy to support the Southeast Asian countries’ digital transformation, including enhanced regional policy environment, improving regional digital infrastructure and encouraging a growing and inclusive digital economy
- Oversee project planning, budget management, monitoring, reporting, and operations in accordance with the highest standards
- Ensure an integrated vision among different components and actors and establish and maintain relationships with government officials, implementing partners, private sector, and civil society;
- Liaise with USAID in a manner that builds trust in quality implementation and technical delivery;
- Oversee project implementation in a manner that focuses on local systems strengthening, local ownership, and results-based approaches;
- Ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations and Nathan procedures;
- Represent Nathan and the project at external events, meetings, and with all stakeholders
- Identify issues and risks related to activity implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments; and
- Cultivate and lead an effective project team focused on innovation, results, inclusion, and compliance.
- Master’s degree or equivalent professional experience in ICT/IT-related fields, computer engineering, development management, economics, business, or finance.
- At least 10 years of experience in international development, with direct experience managing and implementing successful project(s) with similar magnitude, scope to RIDEA, and demonstrated leadership towards achieving results; in a developing or transition country, preferably in the Southeast Asia region
- At least 5 years of experience in a senior management position with a demonstrated track record of building and effectively managing a strong team on donor-funded programs;
- Technical expertise in digital economy-related topics;
- Familiarity with USAID reporting and operations requirements;
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and build consensus among team members, partners, and stakeholders;
- Strong written and oral presentation skills in English, with demonstrated experience in preparing professional and organized reports and presentations in English; and
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and navigate effectively with USG agencies, host country government officials, private sector stakeholders, and other donors
- Previous experience as a COP or other donor funded project manager; experience working on programs of a regional nature
- Previous experience working in the Southeast Asia
Nathan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.