Team Leader, Solomon Islands Strengthening Competitiveness, Agriculture, Livelihoods, and Environment Program, International Development
March 3 2022
South Pacific / Oceania (close to Solomon Islands’ time zone)
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
As a buy-in under its US-Support for Economic Growth in Asia (US-SEGA) project, Nathan will implement Objective 1 (Trade and Investment) of the Solomon Islands Strengthening Competitiveness, Agriculture, Livelihoods, and Environment Program (SI-SCALE). A three-year program through 2023, SI-SCALE’s Trade and Investment objective endeavors to strengthen the enabling environment for trade and investment, with particular emphasis on mitigating the impacts of COVID-19. Through this objective, SI-SCALE will focus on (a) reducing the cost and steps of obtaining business permits and licenses; (b) improving trade and investment facilitation; and (c) strengthening the competition environment. SI-SCALE is being implemented jointly with other Implementing Partners.
Nathan is seeking a qualified Team Leader for the SI-SCALE T&I buy-in project. The Team Leader will lead the activity’s strategy and implementation, be responsible for activity performance, management, and execution, and serve as the principal contact point for USAID. S/he will oversee the project, both technical and managerial, and supervise all project personnel. The Team Leader will provide activity planning, oversight, leadership, and coordination and build and maintain strong client, partner, stakeholder, and team relations.
- Directly responsible for the overall project management, formulating strategy and designing and directing activities aimed at achieving the project’s goals and maximizing impact, in heavy coordination with other SI-SCALE IP’s
- Directly responsible for presenting SI-SCALE as one project to local stakeholders and ensuring collaboration and coordination of activities across SI-SCALE’s three objectives
- Serves as main point of contact with local counterparts and stakeholders, USAID/Philippines, US Embassy to Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands and Vanuatu, and Nathan HO; reviews and submits all requests for USAID approval; meets as requested (approx. once a month) with USAID Activity Manager and/or Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR)
- Submits weekly and quarterly progress reports and deliverables in a timely manner
- Sets results-oriented vision for the project, working with Operations Manager and other staff to operationalize vision and ensure sustainability and scalability
- Oversees and executes stakeholder engagement and partner relationships
- Oversees international consultants and approves final deliverables
- Provides direct oversight of the SI-SCALE field staff, assigns tasks, manages workloads, conducts performance evaluations, and fosters a positive and productive work environment for team members
- Speaks on behalf of SI-SCALE Objective 1 at major and high-profile events
- Drafts, reviews and/or approves all key deliverables, work plans, MEL, and quarterly and annual reports
- Liaises with US-SEGA, including attending weekly meetings and providing/reviewing technical and financial reporting inputs for US-SEGA overall reporting.
- MA in economics, business, public policy, finance or relevant subject matter
- 10 years of experience working on economic growth programming in complex environments
- Minimum 5 years prior experience in team leadership positions
- Experience ensuring gender and social inclusion initiatives are integrated across objectives
- Experience managing USAID-funded programs preferred
Nathan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nathan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOO
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Nathan requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated. If you receive a conditional offer of employment from Nathan, you will be required to prove