Deputy Chief of Party, US-SEGA Components 2 and 3
January 14 2022
Arlington , Virginia , United States
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Economic Engagement and Private Sector Development; Trade and Logistics; Economic Policy and Governance; and Structured Finance and Investment.
- Closely assist the COP in managing relations with the USAID COR and USAID Mission representatives on Components 2 and 3 activity planning, on budget projections/pipelines, and liaising with counterparts
- Contribute to the strategic planning and development of technical scopes of work for the implementation of the Component 2 and 3 activities, especially on private sector development, trade and investment, workforce development; and the digital economy
- Ensure an integrated vision among different components and actors across USAID and interagency partners and establish and maintain relationships with government officials, private sector, and civil society actors
- Prepare reports or presentations for clients and counterparts on a range of technical subjects, including trade and investment and digital economy issues
- Lead communications and client engagement with USAID Missions in the Asia-Pacific region
- Oversee the performance of key STTA professionals, expatriate and local, in achieving objectives
- Responsible for quality written reports, memos, and oral presentations in English
- Provide quality assurance over technical deliverables on Components 2 and 3
- Serve as the Acting COP in the COP’s absence
- Master’s degree or equivalent in trade policy, regional economic integration, economics, international development, or a related field
- Experience in trade policy implementation and economic growth program management
- At least seven years of experience managing programs with a regional focus and/or similar complexity
- Possess the following demonstrated experience: a minimum of five years of contract management experience with a central focus on management, activity, design, development and implementation; establishing systems and overseeing program start-up under limited time constraints, as well as program close-out; overseeing the implementation and management of multiple program areas simultaneously; hiring, training and supervision of local personnel; financial management, including budgeting; and tracking, reporting and accounting of finances, and procurement
- Demonstrated relevant work experience and technical knowledge in trade, digital, and economic growth
- Demonstrated management skills to coordinate with multiple stakeholders in a bureaucratic environment, and U.S. operational and management systems
- At least five years’ experience supervising complex programs in a geographically dispersed and regional setting and/or with multilateral institutions is highly desired
- Possess strong English language skills through both written and verbal communication
Nathan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Nathan complies with the Executive Order that mandates Federal contractors enforce Covid-19 vaccination for employees. If you receive a conditional offer of employment from Nathan, you will be required to prove that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or receive approval from Nathan for a waiver due to a valid religious or medical reason prior to your start date. Applicants should not disclose their vaccination status or need for a waiver before receiving a conditional offer of employment."