Senior Government Lead, Women's Empowerment Activity
December 22 2021
Amman , Jordan
Nathan Associates, with EnCompass LLC and its partners Integrated International (INTEGRATED) and JoWomenomics, are supporting the USAID/Jordan Women’s Empowerment Activity (WEA), which will contribute to increasing women’s access to waged employment and leadership opportunities in Jordan. This will be done through three interlinked and equally important performance objectives:
- Improve women’s access to jobs in the private sector and leadership opportunities in the private and public sectors;
- Improve supported perceptions, practices, and advocacy; and
- Stimulate and enforce more equitable, safe, and accessible working environments.
The Senior Government Lead will serve as an integral member of the core technical leadership team on WEA. The position is crosscutting, working across all three Objectives, as they are interlinked, mutually reinforcing and of equal importance. The person in this role will lead interventions and strategies at the national and sub-national level of government to improve and enable an environment for women’s employment and leadership in both the public and private sectors. This role will focus on developing and implementing lasting interventions at strategies for improvement.
- Ensure that the existing strategies, initiatives, and priorities of the Jordanian Government are taken into account when designing/implementing activities and interventions and continually seek their buy-in and engagement across program goals, approaches, and activities;
- Serve on the core technical leadership team and collaborate with other core technical leads to develop interventions to improve access to and promotion of jobs and increased leadership roles for women. Oversee the implementation of any activities that focus on the public sector;
- Design and lead implementation of any activities that require public sector at the national, sub-national or local levels to assist in improving perception of women in work;
- Design and lead any activities that work at the national-level on women-friendly policy and regulatory reform initiatives and establishing sustainable mechanisms for enforcement and execution of laws and regulations to improve the work environment for women – including program policy lab and research hub.
- Design and lead activities to promote women’s leadership within the public sector;
- If applicable, work with grant making team to design and disseminate grant activities around public sector;
- Work closely with the COP, DCOP, other Team Leads, MEL and CLA Director on the design of activity reports and annual work plans
- MA degree in economics, social sciences, international development, management, or a related discipline and 5+ years’ experience in a relevant technical role on donor-funded contracts; or bachelor’s degree in aforementioned fields; or related discipline and 10+ years of aforementioned experience
- Practical experience working on women’s empowerment and leadership in the private sector through policy, enabling environment reform, social norm change, advocacy campaigns, and skill building activities in Jordan and the region
- Citizen or permanent resident of Jordan
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and oral and written communications skills in English
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic required