Business Development Associate, International Development
December 15 2021
Arlington , Virginia ,
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
The Associate position will report to the Director of Business Development and work closely with other members of the Business Development team, as well as the broader International Development Group. The role would be full-time at Nathan’s Headquarter office in Arlington, Virginia.
- Monitor client business forecasts and conduct market research for new opportunities.
- Provide research and analysis on client strategies, business development metrics, and other key areas to help Nathan improve its competitive position.
- Communicate with staff, consultants, and clients on contract, administrative, or logistics issues.
- Prepare agreements for independent consultants on BD assignments and process their invoices for payment.
- Prepare teaming agreements and NDAs for subcontractors.
- Provide cross-cutting support to major proposal efforts, such as to liaise with subcontractors, collect supporting documentation, draft capabilities statements or other inputs.
- As needed, manage, lead, or develop inputs for smaller/less complex proposals or for bids where Nathan is a sub.
- Develop new templates, formats, and tools for managing processes more efficiently within the firm.
- Assist Nathan staff in understanding and navigating business development processes, tools, and resources.
- Deploy consultants and staff to foreign countries: obtain visas and travel authorizations as needed; make airline and hotel reservations; handle Medevac, medical insurance and medical certifications, as needed.
- Willingness to travel internationally to participate in capture trips as needed.
- B.A./BSc. in relevant field (i.e. economics, international relations, public administration, political science) and a minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience;
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail (which will be assessed during the hiring process with a written test)
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as on a self-directed basis.
- Strong interpersonal skills (you will interact with all levels of employees, consultants, partners, clients, subcontractors, and vendors).
- Facility with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.).
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in English.
- Permanent U.S. work authorization required.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- Professional working proficiency in relevant foreign language, such as Spanish, French, or other languages widely spoken in the developing world;
- Experience working with USAID or other donor-funded programs.
- Relevant overseas work or internship experience in a developing country context; and
- Experience in relevant technical/thematic areas.
Nathan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Nathan complies with the Executive Order that mandates Federal contractors enforce Covid-19 vaccination for employees. If