Director [Anticipated], USAID Digital Strategy Implemenation & Programs Activity, International Development
June 2 2022
Arlington, VA , United States
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
Nathan is seeking a qualified Director for the anticipated USAID funded Digital Strategy Implementation and Programs Activity. The activity will advance the research, training, strategic thinking, digital-sector partnerships, and behavior change that will equip USAID for the digital age. The activity fosters the effective and responsible use of digital technology across all technical and regional sectors, and supports the growth of open, inclusive, and secure digital ecosystems in partner countries.
The Director will lead the activity’s strategy and implementation, be responsible for activity performance, management, and execution, and serve as the principal contact point for USAID. S/he will oversee the activity, both technical and managerial, and supervise all activity personnel. The Director will provide activity planning, oversight, leadership, and coordination and build and maintain strong client, partner, stakeholder, and team relations.
The Director shall, at a minimum, have a bachelor’s degree and fifteen (15) years of experience managing USAID activities, including contracts and buy-ins, and proven experience building and managing dynamic, flexible teams. S/he must be experienced at building relationships and engaging across multiple technical sectors, including technology, cybersecurity, and/or digitalization. The Director will provide overall leadership and management oversight for the activity.
· The Director will provide overall leadership and management oversight for the activity and will serve as the principal contact point for USAID. S/he will oversee all aspects of program performance, both technical and managerial, ensuring that Nathan and USAID procedures are adhered to for activity development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, procurement, budgeting, and financial accounting. The Director will supervise all key personnel for this activity and will be accountable for the recruitment, hiring, and management of all technical consultants and the specialized network of firms that support implementation of the activity, ensuring timely progress against schedules, achievement of deliverables, and quality of results;
· Oversee activity budgeting, financial management, and compliance;
· Oversee monitoring, evaluation, and report of activities; promote a culture of learning and adaptation across the activity and its partners;
· Prepare status reports, budget information, and other documentation as needed;
· Provide strategic and technical leadership to the activity as well as other innovative and adaptive program implementation approaches that engage a wide range of stakeholders while effectively meeting donor deliverables;
· Provide program management and leadership for the implementation of all objectives, tasks, and related activities under the activity, ensuring adherence to agreed schedule, scope, and quality parameters;
· Develop workplans through participatory and collaborative processes, oversee work plan implementation, responsibility adapting to changes and lessons learned throughout implementation; and
· Oversee communications strategy and represent the activity.
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration, international development, economics, technology-related discipline, or another related field;
· Minimum 15 years of experience managing USAID activities, including contracts and buy-ins;
· Proven background in digital economy, digital strategy, digital innovation, and change management;
· Demonstrated ability to track and manage budgets and plan both strategically and creatively to meet activity objectives;
· Proven leadership qualities and excellent management skills, strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
· Experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred; and
· Excellent written and spoken English.
Nathan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nathan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans. Candidates that need to request reasonable accommodations during the application process should communicate their request to . For more information on Nathan's policies, candidates are encouraged to review our EEOC Policies for Applicants.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Nathan requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated. If you receive a conditional offer of employment from Nathan, you will be required to prove
Nathan hires applicants authorized to work in the US without sponsorship