Technology Advisor [Anticipated], USAID Digital Strategy Implementation & Programs Activity, International Development
October 18 2021
Arlington, VA , United States
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
Nathan is seeking a Technology Advisor for the anticipated USAID funded Digital Strategy Implementation and Programs Activity. The activity advances the research, training, strategic thinking, digital-sector partnerships, and behavior change that will equip USAID for the digital age. The activity fosters the effective and responsible use of digital technology across all technical and regional sectors, and supports the growth of open, inclusive, and secure digital ecosystems in partner countries.
The Technology Advisor shall, at a minimum, have ten (10) years of experience working on technology, cybersecurity and/or digitalization, preferably within the development field. S/he must have excellent communication and relationship-building skills, including a proven ability to communicate complex concepts in technology to development experts. The Technology Advisor is responsible for advising the activity, buy-in clients, and USAID on emerging technologies and cybersecurity.
· The Technology Advisor will advise the activity, buy-in clients, and USAID on emerging technologies and cybersecurity, focused on driving the research, training, strategic thinking, digital-sector partnerships, and behavior change that will equip USAID for the digital age, and supporting the growth of open, inclusive, and secure digital ecosystems in partner countries;
· Manage technical deliverables from consultants and partners, including providing technical inputs and quality assurance;
· Provide strategic guidance on emerging technologies, cybersecurity, and digitization;
· Provide technical guidance to inform development of activity’s strategic plan, work planning, and reporting;
· Serve as a thought leader in innovative technologies and their application to international development programming;
· Develop and manage relationships with key sector partners, donors, consultants, host country counterparts, and stakeholders;
· Ensure the activity remains up to date with innovations in the digital development sector; and
· Develop and manage relationships with key sector partners, donors, consultants, host country counterparts and stakeholders.
· or related field;
· 10+ years of experience working in technology, cybersecurity, and/or digitization, preferably within the development field;
· Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, including proven ability to communicate complex concepts in technology to development experts;
· Experience building and leveraging relationships with counterparts at various levels of government, and private sector;
· Advanced understanding of digital innovation, digital strategy, and change management;
· Demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, work across varying cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines;
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to advise large teams through complex technological change;
· Eligibility to work in the US;
· Experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred; and
· Excellent written and spoken English.