Buy-In Manager [Anticipated], USAID Digital Strategy Implementation & Programs Activity, International Development
October 18 2021
Arlington ,VA , United States
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
Nathan is seeking a Buy-In Manager for the anticipated USAID funded Digital Strategy Implementation and Programs Activity. The activity advances the research, training, strategic thinking, digital-sector partnerships, and behavior change that will equip USAID for the digital age. The activity fosters the effective and responsible use of digital technology across all technical and regional sectors, and supports the growth of open, inclusive, and secure digital ecosystems in partner countries.
The Buy-In Manager shall, at a minimum, have a bachelor’s degree and ten (10) years of experience managing USAID activities, including contracts and buy-ins. S/he must have proven experience in customer service and client relations; management of sub-awards and contractors; and relationship management. Experience working on awards that support technology, cybersecurity, and/or digitalization is preferred. The Buy-In Manager is responsible for managing all buy-ins, from idea to implementation and close-out. S/he will work internally and externally to ensure that individual by-in results are achieved on time, in scope, and under budget.
· Monitor overall operational and technical quality and completion of activity deliverables;
· Maintain responsibility for the accuracy of activity timelines, tasks, milestones, resource requirements, costs, risks, and execution;
· Support the Director of the activity in the definition and execution of buy-in activities and the development of plans, schedules, budgets, and deliverables;
· Using key performance indicators, address activity performance issues, and maintain alignment with the activity’s goals;
· Monitor and review activity budget and expenditures, financial forecasts, working with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate and client regulations;
· Monitor the overall operational and technical quality and completion of activity deliverables;
· Responsible for ensuring activity financial goals are met;
· Collaborate with the Director to identify and manage risks and actively resolve performance issues with activity staff and sub-contractors or sub-awardees;
· Ensure that all activities comply with terms and conditions of activity requirements, client rules and regulations, including cost, schedule, and quality parameters;
· Prepare status reports, budget information, and other documentation as needed; and
· Perform technical assistance and support as required.
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration, international development, international economics, technology-related disciplines or related field;
· 10+ years of experience managing USAID activities, including contracts and buy-ins, preferably of similar scope, scale;
· Experience building and leveraging relationships with counterparts at various levels of government and private sector;
· Experience successfully managing client relationships with USAID/Washington and MBIOs;
· Demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, work across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines;
· Ability to promote operational excellence through familiarity with best practices in budget management, financial controls, procurement norms, and human resource management;
· Knowledge of USAID contracting policies, requirements, and procedures with experience managing sub-awards and contractors; and
· Excellent written and spoken English.
Nathan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nathan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans. Candidates that need to request reasonable accommodations during the application process should communicate their request to . For more information on Nathan's policies, candidates are encouraged to review our EEOC Policies for Applicants.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Nathan requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated. If you receive a conditional offer of employment from Nathan, you will be required to prove
Nathan hires applicants authorized to work in the US without sponsorship