Communications Specialist [Anticipated], USAID Digital Strategy Implementation & Programs Activity, International Development
October 18 2021
Arlington, VA , United States
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
Nathan is seeking a Communications Specialist for the anticipated USAID funded Digital Strategy Implementation and Programs Activity. The activity advances the research, training, strategic thinking, digital-sector partnerships, and behavior change that will equip USAID for the digital age. The activity fosters the effective and responsible use of digital technology across all technical and regional sectors, and supports the growth of open, inclusive, and secure digital ecosystems in partner countries.
The Communications Specialist shall, at a minimum, have ten (10) years of experience in communications, preferably in the fields of development, technology, cybersecurity, and/or digitalization. S/he must have experience in multimedia and graphic design, as well as exceptional writing and editing skills. The Communications Specialist is responsible for working across multiple media to produce strategic documents, resources, and training resources for buy-in clients.
· The Communications Specialist is responsible for working across multiple media to produce strategic documents, resources, and training resources for buy-in clients;
· Present progress towards achievement of overall activity objectives and outputs effectively and efficiently;
· Produce strategic documents, resources, and training resources for buy-in clients and partners;
· Work across buy-ins to direct the regular production of activity marketing materials such as success stories, presentations, and two-page briefs, in collaboration with office and technical staff;
· Update and modify the activity’s global communications strategy to reflect evolving communications priorities and changes in the activity structure;
· Ensure the activity’s communications services and strategy are delivered within Nathan and USAID marketing and strategy guidelines;
· Review activity external communications to ensure quality control;
· Provide leadership in the preparation and presentation to USAID of reports on the progress and impact of buy-ins and program activities;
· Work closely with other communications and marketing team members; and
· Provide timely reports and feedback on deliverables as required.
· At least 10 years of experience in communications, preferably in the field of development, technology, cybersecurity, and/or digitization;
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, international development, or other technology-related disciplines is preferred;
· Experience with social media and web content development;
· A degree in English, communications, international development, or related area is required.
· Experience in multimedia and graphic design;
· Exceptional writing and editing skills;
· Demonstrated report writing skills in English is required;
· Experience building and implementing communications strategy and providing communications advising services to activity and client teams;
· Experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred; and
· Excellent written and spoken English.