Research Associate, Economic Engagement & Private Sector Development
September 9 2021
Arlington, VA ,
The Research Associate will work on our Economic Engagement and Private Sector Development practice, backstopping US Government and other donor-funded programs. In addition, the position will work on new business development efforts and support other projects on an as need basis.
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
- Serve as project coordinator for overseas projects—overseeing administrative, contractual, and financial aspects of projects;
- Liaise with Nathan’s Corporate Finance Department to track project spending, provide periodic financial forecasts, and review monthly invoices;
- Maintain project databases;
- Maintain project controls and adherence with policies and procedures;
- Serve as proposal coordinator; research and write sections of project proposals;
- Tailor contract templates for consultants, subcontractors, and clients;
- Handle logistics for consultant and staff travel, relocation, and project events;
- Search consultant database to identify consultants and enter consultant CVs in the consultant database;
- Manage project deliverables and reports;
- Update website and intranet, as appropriate, including writing success stories; and
- Conduct research or data analysis and prepare draft reports (or inputs) for senior staff or project consultants.
- Bachelor's degree in business, international development/affairs, economics, or related field; Master's degree preferred;
- A minimum of one to two years of experience in a backstopping or administrative role relevant to the international development field;
- Strong analytical and computer skills, including spreadsheet and financial tracking;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills (you will interact with employees, consultants, partners, clients, subcontractors, and vendors);
- Spanish or French language skills preferred.