Call for Technical Experts, Liberia Good Governance (Anticipated), International Development
September 2 2021
Please apply by submitting a full CV in English to by October 31, 2021. A cover letter (optional) should indicate the areas of interest for the activity. Nathan is an equal opportunity employer. Only finalists will be contacted.
Candidates should have excellent technical experience in one or more of the areas below, knowledge of USAID, and proven consulting skills. These positions will be based in Liberia and are contingent upon Nathan winning the award. Candidates should be available by early 2022.
Nathan Associates Inc. (Nathan), a U.S. based international development consulting firm, is seeking mid- and senior-level technical experts for an anticipated USAID-funded project. Nathan is a leading provider of economic and management consultancy services worldwide. We have been implementing successful projects in economic policy and governance for over 30 years.
The USAID Liberia Good Governance Program is an expected five-year program that will strengthen the social contract with the Government of Liberia through decentralized governance and improved service delivery in select counties. It will be narrowly focused on four objectives: 1) Quality services delivered at the local level; 2) Inclusive local development improved; 3) Domestic resource mobilization improved; and 4) Budget transparency improved.
We are seeking technical experts to staff long-term positions in the following areas:
- Local governance
- Financial management
- Service delivery at the municipal level
- Budget reform
- Domestic resource mobilization, including tax policy and tax administration
- Private sector development (including economic growth, employment, and entrepreneurship)
- Gender and social inclusion
- Monitoring and evaluation
- An advanced degree in economics, business administration, international trade, international development, or related field
- At least five years’ relevant professional experience with programs of a similar focus and complexity
- Experience working alongside Liberian government counterparts at various levels (central, municipality and/or local) as well as local civil society organizations and other development partners
- Prior experience working with USAID, World Bank, or other donor-funded programs
- Fluency in the English language including effective written communication skills.