Chief Of Party, Digital Connectivity & Cybersecurity Partnership (DCCP) Pacific Project, International Development
March 3 2022
Port Moresby , Papua New Guinea
Nathan Associates is actively seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the USAID-funded Digital Connectivity and Cybersecurity Partnership (DCCP) – Pacific Project, to provide support to the governments of the Pacific Island countries to improve the quality and reach of digital communications and connectivity. The COP will provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction.
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
The COP is directly responsible for the overall project management, formulating strategy, designing and providing technical direction aimed at achieving project goals and maximizing impact.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and execute a successful program strategy to support the Pacific Island countries’ digital transformation, including legal and regulatory reforms and mobilizing private and public investment in the ICT sector;
- Oversee project planning, budget management, monitoring, reporting, and operations in accordance with the highest standards;
- Ensure an integrated vision among different components and actors and establish and maintain relationships with government officials, implementing partners, private sector and civil society;
- Liaise with USAID in a manner that builds trust in quality implementation and technical delivery;
- Oversee project implementation in a manner that focuses on local systems strengthening, local ownership, and a results-based approaches;
- Ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations and Nathan procedures;
- Represent Nathan and the project at external events, meetings, and with all stakeholders;
- Identify issues and risks related to activity implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments; and
- Cultivate and lead an effective project team focused on innovation, results, inclusion, and compliance.
- Master’s degree or equivalent professional experience in ICT/IT related fields, computer engineering, development management, economics, business, or finance;
- At least fifteen (15) years of professional experience in ICT and digital development;
- A minimum of ten (10) years of recent management experience at a senior level position on successful project(s) with similar magnitude , scope to DCCP and demonstrated leadership towards achieving results;
- Must have the proven ability to perform and achieve results under challenging or non-permissive environments;
- Must have the flexibility and ability to interact with stakeholders of different sectors and backgrounds and ability to manage delivering work under non-permissive environments/conditions;
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills, managerial, and written communication skills;
- Must have the flexibility and ability to interact with stakeholders of different sectors and backgrounds and ability to manage delivering work under non-permissive environments/conditions.
Nathan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Nathan complies with the Executive Order that mandates Federal contractors enforce Covid-19 vaccination for employees. If you receive a conditional offer of employment from Nathan, you will be required to prove that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or receive approval from Nathan for a waiver due to a valid religious or medical reason prior to your start date. Applicants should not disclose their vaccination status or need for a waiver before receiving a conditional offer of employment.