Chief Of Party (Anticipated), Digital Connectivity & Cybersecurity Partnership (DCCP) Pacific Project, International Development
June 7 2021
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
Nathan Associates is actively seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID-funded Digital Connectivity and Cybersecurity Partnership (DCCP) – Pacific Project, to provide support to the governments of the Pacific Island countries to improve the quality and reach of digital communications and connectivity. The COP will provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction.
- Develop and execute a successful program strategy to support the Pacific Island countries’ digital transformation, including legal and regulatory reforms and mobilizing private and public investment in the ICT
- Oversee project planning, budget management, monitoring, reporting, and operations in accordance with the highest standards;
- Ensure an integrated vision among different components and actors and establish and maintain relationships with government officials, implementing partners, private sector and civil
- Liaise with USAID in a manner that builds trust in quality implementation and technical
- Oversee project implementation in a manner that focuses on local systems strengthening, local ownership, and a results-based
- Ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations and Nathan
- Represent Nathan and the project at external events, meetings, and with all stakeholders;
- Identify issues and risks related to activity implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments; and
- Cultivate and lead an effective project team focused on innovation, results, inclusion, and compliance.
- Advanced degree in public administration, law, public policy, international development, or a related
- At least 10 years of experience in international development, with direct experience managing and implementing economic growth programs in a developing or transition country, preferably in the Indo-Pacific region;
- At least 5 years of experience in a senior management position with a demonstrated track record of building and effectively managing a strong team on donor-funded
- Technical expertise in a digital economy related
- Familiarity with USAID reporting and operations
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and build consensus among team members, partners, and
- Strong written and oral presentation skills in English, with demonstrated experience in preparing professional and organized reports and presentations in English; and
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and navigate effectively with USG agencies, host country government officials, private sector stakeholders, and other donors;
- Previous experience as a COP or other donor funded project and
- Previous experience working in the Pacific Islands.