Deputy Chief Of Party
March 18 2021
Kathmandu , Nepal
Nathan is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party candidate for an anticipated business enabling environment project in Nepal, the USAID Udhyam Nepal Activity. The Senior Technical Director will work alongside the Chief of Party to provide leadership, management, and technical direction to the project, with a particular focus on SME and enterprise development and business development services.
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
- Provide assistance to COP in management of the project, including developing and executing a successful program strategy to strengthen private sector participation in global value chains for enterprises in Nepal;
- Contribute to the strategic planning of project activities, including providing support in the preparation of deliverables and reports submitted to USAID;
- Serve as an interlocutor with public and private partners and stakeholders;
- Represent and promote the project at technical workshops and events;
- Ensure an integrated vision among different components and actors;
- Assist with liaising with USAID in a manner that builds trust in quality implementation and technical delivery;
- Ensure project implementation in a manner that focuses on local systems strengthening, local ownership, and a results-based approach;
- Identify issues and risks related to activity implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments; and
- Participate in the cultivation of an effective project team focused on innovation, results, inclusion, and compliance
- Master's degree in business administration, international development, international trade, trade policy, law, economics, or similar field (Bachelor's degree with more than 10 years of experience in field may be accepted);
- At least 10 years of progressively increasing responsibility with a demonstrated track record of implementing donor programming, preferably with USAID;
- Expertise in enterprise development, SME development, market systems and business development services;
- At least 5 years of professional experience with a donor, contractor, international NGO, or government engaged on enabling environment, private sector development, and/or trade programs in developing countries, preferably in South Asia;
- Demonstrated experience in building relationships with senior officials in government, non-governmental organizations, donor agencies, and the private sector;
- Strong written and oral presentation skills in English;
- Clear command of and facility with engaging potential levers for improving the function of market systems, business operations, and/or production capabilities at the sub-national and national level;
- Familiarity with best practices and analytical approaches for promoting investment and increased use of technologies and innovation to spur productivity and reforms;
- Demonstrated expertise in strengthening market capacities and streamlining business processes and select import and export procedures;
- Equal comfort engaging stakeholders respectfully, whether in a farm field, a shop floor, or a corporate boardroom.