Associate, Economic Engagement & Private Sector Development, International Development
March 2 2021
Arlington , Virginia ,
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
This position will report to the Vice President, Economic Engagement and Private Sector Development, and work closely with members of the Economic Engagement and Private Sector Development team, as well as the broader International Development Group. The role would be full-time at Nathan’s Headquarter office in Arlington, Virginia.
- Coordinate and keep track of numerous ongoing activities under a large, multilateral project, including coordination with various counterparts;
- Engage in a client-facing role, regularly representing Nathan Associates with staff from USAID, the U.S. Department of State, and other US Government agencies, as well as contractors, project partners, and consultants;
- Contribute to the writing and editing of project deliverables, including weekly, quarterly, and annual reports and technical studies;
- Draft project technical and travel approvals and activity budgets;
- Track subcontractor technical work and billing;
- Track project consultants’ technical work as well as billing and travel, ensuring compliance with the project requirements;
- Learn and internalize United States Government rules and regulations for long-term projects and ensure projects are implementing in accordance with these requirements;
- Support project workshops and event planning as applicable, including workshops held in developing countries;
- Maintain and update project budget(s) of $20+ million, including projecting and tracking monthly project invoices;
- Support business development and new business efforts, including the coordination and writing of proposals as applicable;
- Guide entry-level staff with project logistics and consultant onboarding activities and expense reports, potentially serving in mentorship role(s) as applicable.
- Minimum experience: Bachelor’s Degree with 4-6 years’ work experience, or Master’s Degree with 4+ years’ work experience. Degrees in economics, international affairs and/or international development, international policy, and other relevant fields preferred;
- Experience working on contracted donor projects, particularly for USAID, and experience working in an international setting;
- Strong communications skills and effective report-writing skills, including high detail orientated;
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively and positively in teams and group settings;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel;
- Willingness to engage on all aspects of project management and technical research and reporting, from day-to-day administrative tasks to intensive research and technical writing;
- Able to travel abroad on a frequent or semi-frequent basis.
- Fluency in English;
- Spanish language skills preferred;
- Technical interest in international trade, the digital economy, emerging technologies; women’s economic empowerment or economic governance;
- Knowledge of incorporating gender considerations into project activities preferred