Intern, Part-Time (Spring and Summer Semester), International Development
February 18 2021
Arlington, VA , United States
Nathan Associates Inc. ('Nathan') is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
Nathan is seeking one part-time Spring and Summer semester intern to support our senior vice president and the director of program operations in Nathan’s International Development line of business. The duration of the internship and the hours worked per week is flexible. The hours are estimated to be between 10-15hrs per week. The intern will work mainly on supporting program operations and helping to put in place a strong foundation of operational guidance for the business.
- Provide administrative support to the senior vice president of International Development.
- Support the director of operations by editing and reviewing documents. This includes being able to use graphics to organize documents.
- Help develop management tools, charts, and presentations.
- Provide project administrative support including research, logistical support, administrative tasks, budgeting, and other tasks as assigned.
- The internship is open to graduate and undergraduate students with an interest in international development and who are pursuing a relevant degree such as International Relations, Economics, International Development, Political Science, Finance, etc.
- Excellent English writing skills;
- Graphic design skills;
- Familiarity with database platforms a plus;
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills; and
- Computer Skills including MS Suite/Excel skills required.