Director, Local Governance/Institutional Strengthening, International Development
February 1 2021
Yangon , Myanmar
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
Nathan is seeking a Director of Local Governance/Institutional Strengthening for a local governance activity funded by USAID in Myanmar. The project will improve subnational inclusivity and accountability. The Director will oversee development and implementation of plans for supporting local governments throughout the country including policy reform recommendations, capacity development initiatives, and strengthening service delivery channels.
- Establish and maintain relationships with local government officials;
- Lead implementation of the project’s local government strengthening initiatives;
- Provide dedicated analytical support and technical assistance to local government counterparts as required;
- Support effective inter-government relations between target cities and relevant national government agencies; and
- Identify entry points for the promotion of good governance practices in target subnational governments.
- Advanced degree in public administration, economics, business, law, or related field;
- Five (5) years of experience managing teams, project design and planning, budgeting, and monitoring and evaluation;
- Ten (10) years of experience in development programs, preferably with USAID; and
- Familiarity with local governance systems in Myanmar preferred.