Specialist, Information & Communications Technology (ICT), International Development
February 1 2021
Yangon , Myanmar
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
Nathan is seeking an ICT Specialist for a local governance activity funded by USAID in Myanmar. The project will improve subnational inclusivity and accountability. The Specialist will oversee assessment of current ICT systems and the development, roll-out, and management of ICT solutions for supporting local governments throughout the country.
- Advise the team and government counterparts on E-Governance, ICT, and related issues
- Lead workstreams designed to improve E-Governance and ICT systems and liaise with industry counterparts, ministries, and other relevant agencies to design technical specifications for ICT solutions;
- Perform assessments and provide recommendations to government counterparts on improvements to and modernization of ICT systems;
- Build the capacity of project stakeholders to effectively use and manage ICT systems; and
- Support the piloting of necessary hardware and software.
- Master’s degree in computer science, ICT, or another related field; and
- Five (5) years designing and operating high-performance and resilient ICT infrastructure;
- Experience working with national or subnational IT or E-Governance systems development is highly preferred; and
- Familiarity with financial management information systems preferred.