Associate, Structured Finance And Investment, International Development
May 10 2021
Arlington, VA , United States
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
This position will report to the Vice President of Structured Finance and Investment & International Development. (Previously Financial Sector Development).
- Analyze various investment structures, private sector investment options, and capital markets;
- Make presentations to clients and colleagues on technical subjects relating to capital markets, blended finance, public-private partnerships (PPPs), investments and/or ESG investing;
- Represent Nathan as technical expert, facilitate workshops, and hold stakeholder meetings on field visits for relevant projects;
- Draft reports and models for clients; and
- Technical knowledge in capital markets, blended finance, ESG investing.
- Serve as project manager for designated projects including: deliverable coordination, technical direction, staffing, contractual/subcontract oversight, budgeting, monitoring of progress, review of final products;
- Maintain and manage a positive working relationship with consultants and clients;
- Draft terms of reference for technical assistance activities for designated projects; and
- Training and instruction of junior staff
- Manage proposals and business development initiatives;
- Provide technical and overall inputs for proposals and business development;
- Participate in overseas marketing initiatives, targeting key private and/or multi-lateral clients (World Bank, Inter-American Development Bank, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, USAID, FDCO, USTDA or others); and
- Conceptualize and draft marketing materials in consultation with communications staff.
- MBA or Masters degree in relevant field such as Finance, Economics, Business, or related technical area preferred;
- Four (4) or more years of progressively responsible technical experience in finance, international development, or economics;
- Experience in project management for various clients, preferably experience with World Bank, USAID, and other multilaterals;
- Experience leading and writing proposals for development finance institutions, international development organizations and/or other multilaterals
- Fluency in Excel and preferably with some modeling experience;
- Fluency in English and proficiency in second language;
- Strong analytical and communication capabilities, critical thinking skills;
- Able to work independently and in teams on assignments; self-motivated professional with attention to detail and passion for development;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Experience working in and willingness to travel overseas; and
- US work authorization
- Relevant experience in financial and economic analysis and modeling, use of statistical software;
- Experience working in portfolio management, investment banking, fixed income or equities
- Technical experience in blended finance, capital markets, or general investment structuring and fund mechanisms
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish, French or Portuguese language.