Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning (MEL) Specialist (Senegal Nationals), International Development
January 13 2021
Dakar , Senegal
Nathan Associates ('Nathan') is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
Nathan is actively seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning (MEL) Specialist for the anticipated USAID/Senegal Public Financial Management (PFM) Support Activity. This is a four-year activity to provide support to the Government of Senegal to improve public financial management and public accountability for service delivery. The M&E Specialist will oversee the activity’s M&E system and ensure incorporation of lessons learned from implementation.
- Develop and manage the activity’s monitoring, evaluation, and reporting system;
- Develop, collect data, analyze, and report on appropriate indicators, baseline data, and targets;
- Develop and manage a plan to evaluate performance and produce timely, accurate, and complete reporting;
- Lead the timely and accurate completion of M&E and CLA sections for reports to USAID as well as any ad hoc communications;
- Ensure the M&E system is used as an adaptive management tool to improve activity performance; and
- Work with relevant staff on the team to communicate the progress, value, and results of the activity to relevant stakeholders.
- Advanced degree in economics, statistics, monitoring and evaluation, or a related field;
- At least 5 years of experience in M&E, including data quality assurance, analysis of reporting, and best practices in data dissemination and data usage, preferably in developing countries;
- Previous international development experience, including donor-development partner-funded activities;
- Demonstrated experience in performance monitoring, preferably with indicator development, data collection, and reporting experience for USAID-funded projects;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing an effective CLA approach, preferably on an economic reform project;
- Familiarity with USG financial reporting and compliance requirements;
- Familiarity with PEFA approach and indicators related to performance management of a PFM system;
- Fluency in English and French; and
- Senegal nationals are encouraged to apply.