Director Of Finance & Administration (Senegal Nationals), International Development
January 13 2021
Dakar , Senegal
Nathan Associates ('Nathan') is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
Nathan is actively seeking a Director of Finance and Administration for the anticipated USAID/Senegal Public Financial Management (PFM) Support Activity. This is a four-year activity to provide support to the Government of Senegal to improve public financial management and public accountability for service delivery. The Director will oversee operations for all activity offices in Senegal, including human resources, accounting and finance, and records.
- Oversee all operations for activity offices in Senegal, including human resources, accounting and finance, and records maintenance and retention;
- Manage the contract budget and ensure quality and accurate financial reports are submitted to USAID on time;
- Ensure expenditure of program funding is compliant with USG regulations and policies and with Nathan procedures;
- Implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively to support implementation; and
- Cultivate and lead an effective operations and finance team focused on accuracy, quality, and compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or a related field;
- At least 7 years of experience in managing international development programs, with increasing roles of responsibility managing donor funded procurements and subcontracts/grants;
- Demonstrated experience in finance, procurement, contracts management, construction, logistics and/or human resource related matters for international development programs of similar complexity;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage operations and finance teams;
- Familiarity with USG financial reporting and compliance requirements;
- Fluency in English and French; and
- Senegal nationals are encouraged to apply.