Human Resources Manager – Maternity Cover, International Development
January 5 2021
London , UK
Nathan Associates is a leading international development consultancy firm headquartered in Washington DC. Founded in 1946, the company uses economic principles and data to guide policies and operations in a way that improves people's lives. Our employees are motivated by the belief that we can make a difference and over the years the company has expanded its services and geographical reach while remaining small enough to personally ensure the quality of its work. We currently have offices in the United States (Washington DC, California), United Kingdom (London) and India (Delhi, Chennai).
Nathan Associates provides services in five areas:
- Trade and logistics: Nathan advises public and private sector clients on trade negotiations, harmonising trade policies to promote economic integration, modernising customs procedures, reduction of tariff barriers and regulations that reduces the cost of trade, as well as help to improve trade facilitation and trade corridor efficiency.
- Private sector development (PSD): Nathan designs, implements and evaluates pro-poor, inclusive market systems strategies and programs, supports global value chains and links exporters to new markets. Through challenge funds and grants, we foster private sector innovation and catalyse private investment. Nathan also supports investment and export promotion agencies and designs initiatives to advance women’s economic empowerment.
- Financial sector development: Nathan uses a systemic approach to understand and work on financial systems to overcome the challenges the poor face in achieving financial literacy and inclusion and businesses, particularly SMEs, face in accessing finance.
- Economic policy and governance: Nathan’s services in economic policy and governance include macroeconomic analysis; budget preparation, execution and evaluation; legal/regulatory reform and anticorruption.
- Infrastructure planning and finance: Nathan provides services in economic analysis and environmental impact assessments, competitive and regulatory environment analysis, developing master plans and feasibility studies and financial analysis including structuring PPP transactions.
The London office
Our London-based office is internationally recognised for developing innovative ways of engaging the private sector in the development agenda and achieving pro-poor outcomes. We specialise in the design, implementation and monitoring of projects and policies all around the world in PSD-related areas: promoting entrepreneurship, developing business linkages, strengthening agricultural value chains, attracting investment, supporting investment climate reforms, deepening trade, and encouraging financial inclusion. Besides PSD, the office also leads a financial sector development practice, and is developing its capabilities in the trade & logistics and economic policy & governance practices.
Vacancy type Part-time, maternity cover
Service area Corporate Management
Location London office
Closing date for applications 5 February 2021
Expected Duration March 2021 – April 2022
We are looking for an exceptionally organised professional and excellent communicator, with high ethical standards. You will have previous experience in a Human Resources role in small to medium sized organisations and be comfortable interpreting employment regulations and applying best practices in management of human resource functions.
Essential Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- At least 3 years’ experience as human resources generalist, with demonstrable experience in resourcing talent and recruitment, performance and reward management and managing employment relations.
- Experience handling human resource processes and procedures;
- In-depth knowledge of standards, regulations and best practices as applicable to human resource function in an international organisation;
- Excellent analytical skills to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations;
- Proven ability to operate in a team environment liaising with diverse teams.
Desired Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- CIPD qualified or degree in Human Resources Management;
- Experience with immigration and international recruitment;
- Previous HR administrative experience in international development industry;
- Ability to manage a varied workload and prioritise tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Experience of using own initiative, with a proactive and problem-solving attitude;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Comprehensive computer skills, in particular Word, Excel and Power Point
What we offer
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR generalist interested to undertake a part-time role in a successful and fast-growing international development consultancy. We offer competitive rates and flexible working arrangements.
Nathan is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Please submit your full CV, a 1-page cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role and how your experience, skills and qualifications meet the all of the outlined specifications above to by 5 February 2021.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact . Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment to apply for this role.