Deputy Team Leader/Trade Expert, International Development
September 14 2020
Jakarta , Indonesia
Nathan Associates Inc., a U.S. based international development consulting firm, is seeking mid and senior level technical experts for an anticipated DFAT-funded project. Nathan Associates is a leading provider of economic and management consultancy services worldwide. We have been implementing successful projects in South East Asia region for over 30 years.
The Economic Cooperation Program (ECP) will support the implementation of the Indonesia-Australia Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (IA-CEPA) and its objective to unlock the vast potential of the bilateral economic relationship. A 5-year program based in Jakarta, ECP’s goal is to maximize the benefits of IA-CEPA, support trade and investment, improve market access, and promote inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. The primary objective is to ensure the efficient and effective implementation of IA-CEPA to increase two-way trade and investment that is broad based and inclusive. This position will be based in Jakarta and is contingent upon winning the award. Candidates should be available by late 2020.
The Deputy Facility Director will support the day-to-day management and delivery of ECP strategies, activities and outputs, contributing to leadership, stakeholder relationships, reporting and program financial management. The Deputy Facility Director will assist in driving an adaptive and politically informed program that focuses on the creation of value for all parties, particularly in the implementation of the core goals of the IA-CEPA ECP, with a predominant focus on private sector/industry engagement.
- Support the effective cooperation among all key stakeholders, including the private sector, ensuring communication and engagement plans are informed by robust, up-to-date, objective and politically informed stakeholder analysis, and that the approach to engagement is sensitive to political and transition dynamics;
- Use skills in political economy analysis to leverage relationships and work across all levels of government and strategically guide Technical Lead Advisers;
- Drive the delivery of the core business of the ECP;
- Ensure alignment of program objectives to ECC and other IA-CEPA committees’ priorities, as conveyed through consultation with BAPPENAS and DFAT;
- Work closely with the MEL lead to drive greater availability of policy relevant information to be used by government, the private sector, other Collaborative Hub programs and facilities and other stakeholders;
- An advanced degree in economics, international trade, business administration, trade economics or related field;
- At least 10 years of experience in trade facilitation agreements and working with counterparts in the public and private sectors of Indonesia on programs of a similar focus and complexity;
- Excellent situational awareness, interpersonal skills and local relationships; proven ability to coordinate disparate stakeholders involved in trade-agreement implementation, socialization, opportunities assessment, and monitoring/impacts/knowledge;
- General familiarity of advanced economic activities that support trade, in an international development context;
- Strong analytical skills desired as would experience facilitating reforms and change;
- Experience working on DFAT (preferred) or other donor funded programs;
- Fluency in English (required) and Indonesian (preferred);
- Ability to travel extensively throughout Indonesia;
- Local applicants are strongly encouraged to apply