Call For Experts For Anticipated DFAT Indonesia – Australia Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (IA-CEPA): Economic Cooperation Program (ECP), International Development
August 18 2020
Jakarta , Indonesia
Nathan Associates Inc., a U.S. based international development consulting firm, is seeking mid and senior level technical experts for an anticipated DFAT-funded project. Nathan Associates is a leading provider of economic and management consultancy services worldwide. We have been implementing successful projects in South East Asia region for over 30 years.
The Economic Cooperation Program (ECP) will support the implementation of the Indonesia-Australia Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (IA-CEPA) and its objective to unlock the vast potential of the bilateral economic relationship. A 5-year program based in Jakarta, ECP’s goal is to maximise the benefits of IA-CEPA, support trade and investment, improve market access, and promote inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. The primary objective is to ensure the efficient and effective implementation of IA-CEPA to increase two-way trade and investment that is broad based and inclusive. These positions will be based in Jakarta and are contingent upon winning the award. Candidates should be available by late 2020.
We are seeking experts for long-term and short-term opportunities in the following areas:
- Trade and Investment
- Trade Portals and Single Windows
- Customs modernization
- Advanced Manufacturing
- TVET (Technical and Vocational Education and Training) and non-TVET services
- E-commerce/Digital innovation
- Women Economic Empowerment
- Export Development
- Strategic Communications
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning
- Gender, Equality, Disability and Social Inclusion
Key responsibilities include providing technical assistance to the ECP and ECP stakeholders and support the design and implementation of activities to support greater inclusive two-way trade and investment. Candidates should have excellent technical experience in one or more of the areas above, knowledge of DFAT projects, other donors, and proven consulting skills.
- An advanced degree in economics, international trade, business administration, trade economics or related field;
- For the trade and business-environment related positions, experience in the following areas: trade facilitation agreements; working with counterparts in the Government of Indonesia and with multilateral organizations on programs of a similar focus and complexity. Strong quantitative and analytical skills desired as would experience facilitating reforms and change;
- Prior experience working on donor programs required;
- Fluency in English (required) and Indonesian (preferred)
- Ability to travel extensively throughout Indonesia
- Experience working on DFAT-funded programs.
- Local applicants are strongly encouraged to apply
Please apply by submitting a CV in English by September 15, 2020. Applicants are encouraged to apply at the earliest. Applicants should list their area of expertise in the subject line. Nathan Associates is an equal opportunity employer. Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.