Call For Experts For Anticipated USAID-funded Domestic Revenue Mobilization Project In Zambia, International Development
July 3 2020
Lusaka , Zambia
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
The proposed activity will help Zambia improve domestic revenue mobilization and expand the fiscal space for public spending and investments in service delivery and poverty reduction. The activity will engage both government and non-government stakeholders to build capacity in tax policy analysis, improve tax compliance and administration, and strengthen the tax culture in a manner that facilitates private sector growth and accountability relationships between taxpayers and the Government of Zambia. These positions will report to the Chief of Party. This project is expected to start in March 2021.
We are seeking experts in the following areas:
- Tax Policy;
- Tax analysis, forecasting and estimation and data analytics
- Tax Compliance and Administration (including tax audit, taxpayer sensitization, taxpayer registration, value added tax implementation and other areas related to taxpayer engagement, tax administration and compliance);
- Tax management software and IT solutions
- Gender and Social Inclusion;
- Monitoring and Evaluation/Collaboration, Adaptation and Learning Specialists;
- USAID experienced Finance/Admin, Grants and Operations;
- Capacity development and training
· Advanced degree in Economics, Statistics, Public Policy, Public Administration, Business Administration, or similar field
· 5+ years of experience working in programs of a similar focus and complexity, on topics such domestic revenue mobilization, tax policy analysis, improving tax compliance and administration;
· Experience working on USAID, DFID, EU, GIZ, World Bank, ADB or other donor-funded programs;
· Experience working in Zambia, Southern, West or East Africa;
· Excellent English writing and speaking skills.
Please apply by submitting a CV and Cover letter in English to by July 25th, 2020. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply at the earliest and should list their areas of expertise in the subject line. Nathan Associates is an equal opportunity employer. Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Local applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Please visit www.nathaninc.com for additional information.