Call For Experts For Anticipated USAID-funded Project In Uganda, International Development
June 16 2020
Kampala , Uganda
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
The purpose of the Uganda Strengthening Systems and Public Accountability (SSPA) Activity is to improve service delivery through strengthened accountability, deepened public participation and oversight, and reduced corruption within Uganda’s public service sectors. This will be achieved by improving leadership and accountability for results, strengthening the standards, reward and sanctions systems for public officials, challenging the norms, attitudes and behaviors that fuel corruption, and support citizen engagement to demand better services.
The three main objectives of the Program are: i) Increased citizen voice, coalition building, and engagement with government to reduce corruption; ii) Key systems and standards enhanced in anti-corruption and accountability institutions at the national and sub-national level to combat corruption; and iii) Strengthened accountability processes within specific service delivery sectors, in particular natural resource governance in refugee districts and wildlife crime related corruption.
We are seeking experts in the following areas:
- Strengthening accountability of national and sub-national government institutions;
- Accountability and oversight;
- Strengthening the capacity of civil society;
- Public sector service delivery;
- Natural resource governance ;
- Wildlife crime related corruption;
- Public Policy Reforms;
- Public-Private Partnerships;
- Change Management;
- Gender and Social Inclusion;
- Monitoring and Evaluation/Collaboration, Adaptation and Learning Specialists;
- USAID experienced Finance/Admin, Grants and Operations;
- Information Technology.
These positions will report to the Chief of Party. This project is expected to start in October 2020.
- Advanced degree in Economics, Public Policy, Public Administration, Business Administration, or similar field
- 5+ years of experience working in programs of a similar focus and complexity, on topics such strengthening accountability of national and sub-national government institutions, anti-corruption, oversight, strengthening the capacity of civil society, and promoting citizen engagement
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills
- Experience working on USAID, DFID, EU, World Bank, ADB, or other donor-funded programs;
- Significant work experience in Uganda or East Africa a plus.