Analyst (Financial Services), Advisory Services
May 7 2020
Arlington, VA , United States
Nathan Associates seeks qualified candidates for an Analyst, Financial Advisory Services position in the company’s Arlington, VA office. Analysts at Nathan work closely with our prominent economic and financial experts on business and industry consulting projects on behalf of companies, trade associations, and governments. They also assist with the preparation of expert opinions and testimony on behalf of leading law firms and their clients involved in various types of litigation matters.
- Assist senior staff members and other analysts in conducting economic, financial, and statistical analysis of issues pertaining to banks and other financial institutions.
- Collect and synthesize economic, loan, and financial data.
- Create and manage complex databases, financial models, and spreadsheets.
- Review and prepare documents for client deliverables and internal analysis.
- Develop, validate, and document various econometric, financial, and mathematical models.
- Develop requirements, test cases and conduct user acceptance testing during software implementations.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s (preferred) degree in Economics, Applied Economics, Finance or a related field (preferably with courses in statistics, econometrics, mathematics, and computer science) and a final GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Minimum one year of work experience in a research, consulting, litigation, or professional services environment. Familiarity with Banking is preferred.
- Experience with credit risk and model risk (derivatives and complex instruments) models.
- Experience working with Stata, SAS, R, Python or other statistical and database programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to details, and desire to learn.
- Eligible to work in the US
Please submit a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and your resume with your GPA listed.