Program Officer, Economic Reform, International Development
March 10 2020
- Develop and enhance relationships with leading reformers in government and the private sector, including both at the Union and sub-national levels;
- Compile and assess data, reports and other information sources related to economic reforms, working to establish reform priorities for TIGA and then effective political-economic approaches to advance those reforms;
- Work closely with the Economic Reforms Lead to design and implement interventions that advance reforms, build capacities in the government and private sector, increase policy research and analytical skills, and improve the business environment; and
- Working with the Economic Reforms Lead, plan and economic reform interventions, including supporting domestic and foreign short-term experts.
- Fluency in the English and Myanmar languages;
- Demonstrated experience supporting effective economic reforms in Myanmar;
- Demonstrated technical understanding of key subject-matter areas including trade policy/facilitation and logistics/ports, business enabling environment, access to finance, intellectual property rights, rationalizing state-owned economic enterprises, project evaluation, or other relevant technical fields. Experience with capacity building of government and non-government entities;
- Understanding of Burmese regulatory and legislative processes, and a track record for improving transparency and mechanisms for public comment;
- Experience working with key business associations, civil society organization, think tanks and government leaders at the Union and/or sub-national level;
- Ability to conduct technical oversight of grants;
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics or Business Administration, law degree, or another relevant field; and
- 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Strong writing and presentation skills, including word processing and powerpoint development; and,
- Solid management experience and the ability to work well in teams.