Investment Facilitation Lead, International Development
February 13 2020
Beirut , Lebanon
Nathan is seeking an Investment Facilitation Lead candidate for a Trade and Investment Activity in Lebanon. The Investment Promotion Lead will provide leadership, vision, management, and technical direction to Component 2 – Investment Facilitation and contribute to the overall goal of facilitating the growth and development to contribute to the overall goal of facilitating the growth and development of SMEs that export Lebanese goods and services, increasing their access to new markets and access to new markets.
The Investment Facilitation Lead will report to the COP and coordinate all technical assistance activities under Component 2 with field staff, short-term consultants, and Nathan home office personnel. S/he may also be responsible for the implementation of additional specific technical tasks within the project (to be determined according to needs and expertise).
- Lead the design, strategy and adaptation for Component 2 - Investment Facilitation throughout the project delivery;
- Work closely with in-country team, partner institutions and beneficiary firms to deliver effective technical assistance and investment facilitation support;
- Effectively implement of Component 3 work plan activities to ensure timely delivery on time and within budget and meets Client and stakeholder expectations;
- Develop scopes of work for the short-term technical assistance based on needs identified in the Annual Work Plan; and
- Promote the program among prospective participants, coordinate their selection, design action plans for participating SMEs, and monitor progress towards goals and expected results.
- An advanced degree from an accredited university in business administration, marketing, finance, or economics is required;
- Extensive experience in investment facilitation, business enabling environments and investment climate initiatives
- Preferably 5-7 years of relevant experience in implementing strategic and operational elements of large-scale international business and economic development projects;
- Capability to examine competitiveness in exports and investment mobilization, including both private investment and quality of public investment in infrastructure and other areas related to competitiveness;
- Experience with competitiveness assessments and monitoring and evaluation of donor funded projects highly desired.
Please apply by submitting a CV and Cover letter in English to by February 21, 2020. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply at the earliest and should list their areas of expertise in the subject line. Nathan Associates is an equal opportunity employer. Only finalists will be contacted.No phone calls, please. Local applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.