Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Director, International Development
February 13 2020
Beirut , Lebanon
Nathan is seeking a MEL Director candidate for a Trade and Investment Activity in Lebanon. The MEL Advisor will be responsible for developing and implementing the activity’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems, as well as work with selected trade institutions on tracking the monitoring and evaluation. They will work closely with the COP, Component Leads, STTA, counterparts, and local partners to implement monitoring systems that are responsive to all programmatic and organization/donor reporting needs.The MEL Director will report to the COP and coordinate with all component leads and Nathan home office personnel.
- Monitoring & Evaluation System Design;
- Assist in designing the overall M&E project strategy and an effective M&E framework in consultation with the DCOP and COP and visiting M&E experts; and
- Facilitate the development and establishment of appropriate indicators, targets, data collection tools, documentation systems and management information systems for reporting to the key stakeholders on progress towards achievement of targets for process, output and outcome indicators.
Data Analysis, Management and Reporting
- Conduct descriptive statistical analysis using programmatic datasets in preparation for M&E reporting;
- Serve as lead writer for monthly, quarterly, and annual M&E reports based on indicators outlined in the project performance monitoring plans; contribute to monthly, quarterly, annual and final programmatic progress reports; and
- Ensure that the project complies with all institutional reporting requirements.
Learning, Documentation and Sharing Lessons Learned
- Work with the DCOP and COP to develop and implement systems to use data to drive decision-making at all levels; and
- Work with local partners to ensure the collection of timely, relevant, and appropriate data needed for an effective M&E system to be utilized in the monitoring of strengths, weaknesses and gaps in existing programs and services, and to meet required reporting on donor commitments.
Data Management and Quality Assurance
- Develop and implement internal control systems that ensure the quality of all partner and the project data, including facilitating routine data quality assessments, identifying deficiencies and supporting corrective actions to improve data quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics/mathematics, social sciences, international affairs/development or a related discipline required;
- Experience managing the design and implementation of M&E activities of large-scale donor funded development projects, preferably related to economic growth;
- Understanding of data management and basic principles of database design and analysis;
- Strong experience working with Management Information Systems (MIS);
- Understanding and experience with program monitoring, baseline, midterm and final evaluations;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Background in applied research methodology;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills;
- Strong computer skills, with working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, and statistical software packages;
- Ability to work in a demanding environment under tight deadlines; and
- Lebanese National.
Please apply by submitting a CV and Cover letter in English to by February 21, 2020. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply at the earliest and should list their areas of expertise in the subject line. Nathan Associates is an equal opportunity employer. Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Local applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.