Communications Specialist, Corporate
January 28 2020
Arlington , Virginia , United States
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm working with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
The Communications Specialist will work closely with leadership to shape and execute a forward-looking communications strategy which increases awareness around the Nathan brand, and enhances Nathan’s reputation among current and potential clients and prospective employees. The Communications Specialist is a strong writer and project manager, who uses their creativity to convey ideas in a compelling way. The Communications Specialist will help ensuring a consistent tone, and maintain brand and message consistency across offices, and in the field.
The Communications Specialist will work across all levels and geographies of the firm to coordinate and lead execution of communications tasks:
- Working with leadership, develop plans to effectively communicate strategic objectives and initiatives
- Work with subject matter experts and management to draft and refine original content for use on the web, social media, press releases, print marketing collateral, presentations, email marketing, and internal documents
- Manage Nathan’s social media strategy and activity on platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and manage the corporate website
- Produce polished visual material and layouts for Nathan’s presence on multiple platforms, and for print production
- Assist technical line with occasional editing and design support for client deliverables
- Coordinate the production of internal newsletter and other internal corporate communications
- Maintain an editorial calendar, coordinating with business lines to stay ahead of internal communications needs
- Leverage available tools and technology to assess the impact of communication initiatives, and package resulting analysis for leadership consumption
- Coordinate communications-related tasks for sponsored events, e.g. collateral, swag, signage, social media.
- Coordinate production of print materials
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related major
- Demonstrated strong project management and communication skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong writing and editing skills including the ability to package information for delivery across multiple digital platforms
- Minimum 4 years’ relevant experience in communications role for a similar sized firm
- Technical aptitude to be able to adopt and integrate new technologies
- Strong capabilities in relevant software packages including InDesign and Photoshop, and platforms such as SharePoint, Constant Contact or Campaign Monitor
- Experience with USAID Branding Guidelines a plus
- Capable of juggling multiple priorities while keeping stakeholders informed of progress