Contracts Administrator, Corporate
December 20 2019
Arlington , Virginia , United States
The Contracts Office provides the cradle to grave contracting services to the firm’s International Services Line of Business.
The Contracts Administrator will provide a full range of pre-award and post award contract administration services and guide the project team in understanding the client rules and regulations. This position will report to the Director of Contracts.
- Serve as primary point of contact and official representative of the firm to USAID and other clients on contractual matters;
- Guide project staff and respond to field project office inquiries on contractual issues based on knowledge of contractual documentation, federal regulations (FAR, AIDAR, CFR and OMB Circulars), and Nathan policy;
- Review, improve, or develop policies and procedures to facilitate adherence to Federal regulations and contract terms;
- Prepare Nathan’s contractual correspondence with the firm’s clients/contracting officers, including salary and consultant rate approvals, budget revisions, project specific procurement, subcontracts, and waivers;
- Draft and negotiate contracts, subcontracts, and modifications thereto;
- Review and approve any expat, TCN and local ICA agreements and purchase orders;
- Prepare and conduct project “kick-off” meetings, including delivering detailed briefings to the project and accounting teams that will assume administration of the contract following the award.
- Lead contract close-out efforts.
- review complex cost proposals to ensure that the bid is compliant with the solicitation and company’s policies
- Contribute to preparation of SF294 (Subcontracting Report for Individual Contracts) and SF295 (Summary Subcontract Report).
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following or related fields: business and business administration, international business and law, or finance
- Advanced degree or contract management certificate preferred or willingness to enroll enrolled in contract administration program/courses;
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in contract management and/or business proposal pricing preparation required, experience in USAID contracting preferred. Fresh College Graduate with a career track in Contracts Administration are encouraged to apply.
- Full range of contract administration experience including award negotiations, subcontractor management, procurement, performance auditing, and dispute resolution;
- Knowledge of Federal Government Contract vehicles such as IQCs, CPFF, Time & Material, and GSA contracting vehicles;
- Knowledge and understanding of FAR, AIDAR, Federal Travel Regulations, multi-lateral banks such as the World Bank and Asian Development Bank procurement regulations;
- Proficient in Excel, MS Word, and other computer systems;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities, paying attention to detail under tight deadlines and heavy workloads;
- LDC work experience is helpful, but not required.
- Permanent U.S. work authorization required.
- Level of responsibility and salary commensurate with background and experience.