Vice President, Trade & Logistics, International Development
December 5 2019
Arlington , Virginia , United States
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past twelve years alone, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, Delhi, and Chennai. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
Nathan is seeking a Vice President for Trade & Logistics for its International Development Business Line to lead and drive growth in one of our core practice areas and a key market segment identified in the Nathan three-year strategic plan. The VP will build from Nathan’s current portfolio and past experience to expand and deepen our technical delivery in the areas of trade policy, trade facilitation, customs modernization, transport, and logistics. The VP will be a member of the corporate leadership team and report to the Senior Vice President, International Development.
Management and Technical Leadership
- Supervise the Trade & Logistics (T&L) Group and serve as a key member of the International Development Leadership Team.
- Supervise and mentor home office and overseas staff assigned to T&L including the Trade and Logistics Practice Leaders.
- Oversee a portfolio of global, regional, and bilateral USG, donor, host country government, and private sector contracts focused on trade policy, trade facilitation, transport, and logistics.
- Maintain positive client relationships, ensure the delivery of high quality services and contract execution, and manage to profitability.
- Participate in and contribute to the International Development; and Infrastructure, Project Development and Finance strategic plans.
- Develop, Implement, and Achieve the T&L Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- Serve as a lead trade technical expert for Nathan’s Trade and Logistics projects.
- Foster the One Nathan concept by collaborating with other Nathan business lines, subsidiaries, and units (e.g. Nathan London and Nathan India).
- Lead the growth and development of T&L in accordance with the three-year strategic plan and AOP.
- Identify new programming trends in T&L and develop concrete, time-bound action plans to strategically position Nathan for new opportunities.
- Proactively identify new business opportunities including programs funded by USAID, other USG agencies, DFID, multilateral donors, financial institutions, and private sector clients.
- Plan and oversee BD capture efforts. Lead and participate on specific BD activities, including proposal preparation and management (including serving as the Proposal Director, Lead Technical Writer, or Capture Lead).
- Ensure excellent quality of proposals submitted by the T&L Group.
- Market and outreach to key clients, partners, and stakeholders. Enhance Nathan’s reputation capital by participating in conferences, working groups, and other professional networks.
- Coordinate with London and India offices on priority proposals.
- Conceptualize, draft, and review T&L marketing materials including website content, marketing collateral, press releases, and social media content/campaigns.
- MBA, M.A., or M.S. degree in relevant field.
- More than 15 years of relevant work experience with global expertise in emerging and development markets. Previous experience working with USAID, DFID, or other international donors required.
- Demonstrated leadership, decision-making, teambuilding, and management skills.
- Experience in successful project, financial, and contract management.
- Expertise in trade policy, trade facilitation, or customs modernization.
- Long-term overseas experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and communication capabilities.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Foreign language skills preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the United States