Payroll Accountant, Corporate
May 24 2019
Arlington , Virginia , United States
Nathan Associates is seeking an experienced on-site Payroll Accountant to support multi-state payroll and an international workforce based in our headquarters in Arlington, VA. The Payroll Accountant will be responsible for overseeing and processing electronic time-sheets in Unanet, working with ADP to prepare the semi-monthly payroll for 250+ employees and various ad-hoc reporting.
- Manage employee and consultant timesheets through Unanet Time & Expense system, including managing new employee setups, and ensuring that all semi-monthly timesheets are processed accurately and timely.
- Manage employee leave balances in the Unanet Time & Expense system, confirming leave balances are appropriately accrued each week and reconcile to those in the general ledger systems.
- Process semi-monthly payroll for U.S.-based and international (Expat, TCN) employees to consist of submitting payroll files, reconciling data extracted from the timekeeping system to the accounting system, as well as preparing payroll calculations for new hires and terminated employees.
- Process allowances (COLA, Post Differentials, SMA, and Danger Pay) for employees overseas on projects.
- Support month end closing process, including preparing payroll account reconciliations and journal entries related to roles and responsibilities.
- Work with employees and managers to research and resolve all timesheet and payroll related issues, and ensure any necessary timesheet corrections are processed and posted each week.
- Applying an understanding of accounting principles in the analysis of financial data.
- Evaluating multiple source data, applying financial and accounting principles and techniques, industry, business, professional, government and company standards.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of relevant discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications.
- Performing additional related assignments as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. Equivalent experience with a government contracting company may be used in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with multi-state payroll for a government contractor.
- Must have experience with ADP.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Sound interpersonal skills used when interfacing and coordinating with company personnel, clients, and vendors.
- Ability to exercise discretion using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Excellent planning, time management and organization skills.
- Experience with Unanet, Microsoft Dynamics and other Deltek CostPoint software
- Knowledge of federal acquisition laws and regulations, including the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS) and agency specific regulations.
- Ability to work with aggressive timelines, in a team environment, with a willingness to learn and grow.