Tax Administration Audit Advisor (Audit), International Development
April 10 2019
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
The project will support the Government of Ghana to increase domestic resource mobilization by strengthening tax policy, tax administration, and customs administration. Position will report to the Chief of Party.
- Provide technical assistance to Audit function of the Ghana Revenue Authority;
- Build the capacity of the Audit function of the Ghana Revenue Authority to conduct risk assessments, audits and other compliance management activities
- Minimum of 5 years’ of experience working in the audit function of a tax administration
- Experience providing technical assistance to the audit division/departments of tax administrations/revenue authorities
- Experience helping tax administrations implement reforms to improve the compliance of large taxpayers
- Experience building the capacity of large taxpayer departments in tax administrations
- Expertise in areas including audit, compliance management, risks analysis, international tax and transfer pricing
- Experience in capacity building and training of government officials;
- Fluent in English;
- Degree in Accounting, Law or a related field; and
- Familiarity with Ghana tax policy and administration issues preferred, Donor funded project experience preferred.