Chief Of Party, International Development
April 10 2019
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
The project will support the Government of Ghana to increase domestic resource mobilization by strengthening tax policy, tax administration, and customs administration.
As the project’s key point of contact with USAID, Government of Ghana, and other stakeholders, the Chief of Party will coordinate technical assistance activities with field staff, short-term consultants, and Nathan home office personnel. The COP may also be responsible for the implementation of specific technical tasks within the project (to be determined according to needs and expertise). The Chief of Party will oversee overall project operations including project management, administration, oversight, reporting, financial and contractual obligations, contractor progress, and performance monitoring and evaluation.
Supervision and Provision of Technical Expertise
- Support the planning, design, and implementation of technical activities in Ghana, including the drafting of work plans and terms of reference, organization, and participation in technical working group meetings;
- Liaise with the Government of Ghana, civil society organizations and other donors to coordinate activities and achieve the goals and objectives of the activity;
- Monitor and, in some cases, carry out technical activities (in coordination with Nathan home office), including review of deliverables and reports for USAID;
- Provide summaries of working group meetings, workshops, and trainings and identify next steps;
- Coordinate the planning of technical activities involving Nathan’s partners with the Nathan headquarters project team to ensure that planned activities are in line with budgets and subcontracts;
- Liaise with the project team at the Nathan Headquarters office to recruit technical experts as required; and
- Other related technical and management tasks requested by USAID (and in coordination with the Nathan Home Office Team), in accordance with the scope of the activity.
- Manage and supervise the field office team, with appropriate delegation of duties to other staff members on the activity;
- Supervise the recruitment and engagement of technical experts, business partners, and administrative staff, as appropriate;
- Ensure that the activity is implemented in accordance with the rules and regulations of USAID and Nathan Associates;
- Report regularly to the Nathan headquarters project team on project activities, deliverables, and events; key issues requiring approval from the headquarters office;
- Review all accounting statements submitted to the home office and time sheets of local consultants, if applicable; and
- Provide contributions to the quarterly and annual project reports.
- Master's degrees or higher in Economics or a related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing programs of a similar focus and complexity, on topics such as tax policy, tax administration, and customs
- Proven knowledge and deep understanding of domestic resource mobilization topics, including as tax policy, tax administration, and customs
- Proven ability to work effectively with USAID mission staff, host country counterparts, and international donors; with strong emphasis placed on experience developing and maintaining working relationships across a multi-stakeholder environment
- Demonstrated leadership in teambuilding and integrity in project management;
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills; and
- Ability to travel extensively throughout Ghana
- Solid understanding of USAID rules and regulations governing project compliance, procurement, and financial management preferred; and
- Experience working in Ghana preferred;
Please apply to GhanaDRMrecruit AT nathaninc.com