Gender, Social Inclusion, And Women’s Economic Empowerment Consultants, International Development
March 28 2019
Nathan Associates is seeking mid- and senior-level gender consultants for short, mid, and long-term consulting opportunities in Jordan. Nathan Associates is specifically looking for technical experts with expertise incorporating gender and social inclusion considerations and promoting women’s empowerment in the following areas:
- Economic growth
- Employment and entrepreneurship
- Promoting women’s leadership and inclusive leadership
- Promoting organizational change
- Legal and regulatory reform
- Cultural and social norms
- Monitoring and evaluation
Candidates should have excellent technical experience in one or more of the areas above and knowledge of USAID and other donors. Candidates should also have experience in the following:
- Conducting gender analyses, assessments, and qualitative and quantitative research studies;
- Integrating gender and social inclusion considerations and women’s empowerment activities into program design and implementation;
- Designing and facilitating gender trainings;
- Integrating gender considerations into M&E systems and structures;
- Designing gender integration tools and toolkits; developing risk mitigation strategies to prevent and address unintended, negative consequences.
- Minimum experience as follows: PhD with 4+ years technical experience, or Master’s Degree with 6+ years’ technical experience, or Bachelor’s Degree with 8 years of relevant technical experience;
- Demonstrated experience in gender integration and women’s economic empowerment, in particular in Jordan and throughout the Middle East.
- Demonstrated skills in fostering relationships with partner governments, donors, the private sector, and national and international NGOs and partners.
- Prior experience working with USAID, DFID or another donor required;
- Fluency in English;
- Strong communications skills and effective report-writing skills;
- Experience working with complex, multi-disciplinary teams;
- Willingness to travel;
- Must be a Jordanian national.
The position will be based in Amman, Jordan and are contingent upon Nathan Associates winning the award. Salary commensurate with background and experience. Nathan Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply by submitting a cover letter and full CV in English to jordanATnathaninc.com by April 19, 2019. The cover letter should indicate the position(s) of interest for the activity. Nathan Associates is an equal opportunity employer. Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.