Procurement/Admin Specialist, International Development
March 6 2019
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
Nathan is a subcontractor to ACDI/VOCA under the USAID Enterprise Competitiveness Project in the Kyrgyz Republic.The USAID Enterprise Competitiveness Project is a five-year initiative that aims to accelerate sales growth and increase job creation among Kyrgyzstani small and medium enterprises (SMEs). The USAID Enterprise Competitiveness Project will partner with end markets, SMEs, business development and advisory service providers, government agencies, associations, and other market actors who are willing to co-invest to accelerate inclusive, market-led growth. The project’s primary goal is to foster a system that increases market access and competitiveness, catalyzes investment, unlocks opportunities for women and youth, builds skills, and encourages a more enabling business environment.
The Procurement/Admin Specialist will report to the Business Enabling Environment (BEE) Director (Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic) and the home office Project Director (Washington DC).
- Ensure and perform competitive procurement for all goods and services on the program;
- Work with Communications team to publicize Request for Proposals and Request for Quotes to ensure competitive procurement process;
- Manage procurement evaluation and award;
- Prepare purchase order agreements in collaboration with the home office Project Director or their designee and ensure documentation is complete;
- Provide oversight of project activities to ensure USAID compliance, accurate financial accounting and controls, and timely reporting;
- Ensure project compliance with USAID regulations on procurements and subcontracts; and
- Prepare cost and no-cost modifications to purchase order agreements as necessary, in collaboration with the home office Project Director or their designee.
- Provide administrative support for project workshops, events, and trainings;
- Provide general assistance in the day to day office management of the field office;
- Perform other tasks assigned by the BEE Director and Project Director and that are consistent with this Scope of Work and the general requirements of the project;
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in management, financial analysis or accounting;
- At least five (5) years’ relevant work experience on donor funded projects including in subcontracts and procurement;
- Knowledge of FAR and USAID procurement and subcontract regulations;
- Strong organizational skills and excellent interpersonal and team work skills; and
- Excellent proficiency in Russian, Kyrgyz, and English (FSI levels 4/5) required.
- Experience working in a professional office in a supportive role; and
- Ability to handle operational issues; and
- Must be a Kyrgyz national.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED VIA EMAIL. TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND APPLICATION MATERIALS TO: procurement.kg AT nathaninc.com