Team Leader, International Development
February 22 2019
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
STTA, Up to 4 Trips to the Philippines
6-9 months over a 2 year period
Provide Economic Analysis and Independent Evaluation Services in support of a Road Rehabilitation Project in the Philippines. The team is expected to calculate the likely impact on economic growth by analyzing whether the project is consistent with international evidence on drivers of economic growth and by use of cost-benefit analysis. The essence of such an analysis is a straightforward comparison of costs and benefits, where the costs is the project cost and the benefits are increases in incomes in the region within the Philippines where the road was rehabilitated. These benefits are typically proxied with a consumer surplus approach by estimating the decline in vehicle operating costs and time-savings for road users using HDM-4.
- Represent the project with client and other project stakeholders in the Philippines
- Coordinate the team work, and oversee their performance
- Responsible for the preparation of project deliverables, including initial quality control; and
- Presentations to client and stakeholders
- The candidate shall have at least 20 years’ experience in road engineering and economics with at least a Master’s degree in Road Engineering or similar supporting discipline;
- The candidate shall have a strong background in transport engineering and economics with a demonstrated experience running and analyzing HDM-4 models, development and implementation of quality assurance and control procedures for field data collection,
- Previous direct experience of over 10 years with the collection of the required data inputs including IRI and deflection measurements.
- Experience with MCC is a plus.
- Fluency in English is required, with other relevant languages a plus.
- Strong, demonstrated experience in political economy analysis, preferably in the road maintenance sector, including the ability to assess competing political/economic pressures and to assess the difference between policy and actual implementation;
- Strong, demonstrated experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods, including the ability to integrate findings from both quantitative and qualitative methods to inform overall research findings and recommendations; and
- Substantial experience working in the relevant country, or the broader geographic sub-region.